Wojciech Solarz is a Polish actor, director, writer, and producer. He is known for his acting performance in the Polish films 80 Millions (2011) and Bodo (2017).
Wojciech Antoni Solarz Facebook – Wojciech Solarz was born on Friday, April 13, 1979 (age 42 years; as of 2021), in Michalin, Wyszków County, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland. He did his high school graduation at Jan Zamoyski High School No. XVIII, Warsaw. In 2002, he graduated from The Aleksander Zelwerowicz National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw, Poland, where he pursued a course in drama. Za Agencia – Wojciech Solarz He also studied drama and theater at Wajda School, Warsaw. Facebook – Wojciech Solarz
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
He is the former husband of Kamilla Baar, a Polish theater and film actress. The couple has a daughter. As of 2021, the couple is divorced.
On June 17, 2000, he made his theater debut with the play ‘Trans-Atlantyk’ in which he played the role of ‘Ignaś’ at Teatr Montownia, Warsaw. He also acted in plays such as Hamlet (2001), Warsaw (2001), Prince of the Night (2004), Secret agent (2006), and Cosmos (2006). Between 2003 and 2004, he was a performer at the Ateneum Theatre in Warsaw.
In 2004-2012, he was part of the theater National Theater, Warsaw. He has also performed in voice theaters. His debut voice theatre was with the play ‘Wodospadanie Niagarą za ojczyzną’ (2000) at Teatr Polskiego Radia. At Teatr Polskiego Radia, he lent his voice in the plays like Pornografia (2004) and Heart of Darkness (2004).
In 2004, he made his film debut with the Polish film ‘Teraz ja’ in which he played the role of a neighbor of Hanki and Pawła.
He then played recurring characters in the Polish films Solidarity, Solidarity (2005) and Just Love Me (2006). His breakthrough came with the Polish film Strike (2006) as ‘Krystian (Jugendlicher).’
Wojciech appeared in main roles in the Polish films U Pana Boga w ogródku (2007), U Pana Boga za miedza (2009), Sniadanie do lózka (2010), 80 Millions (2011), Bodo (2017), and O mnie sie nie martw. In the midst of main roles, he also appeared in supporting characters in the Polish films Walesa: Man of Hope (2013), Warsaw ’44 (2014), Performer (2015), Miszmasz czyli Kogel Mogel 3 (2019), and Fierce (2020).
In 2005, he made his television debut with the Polish series ‘Oficer’ in which he played the role of ‘’Junior’ – ‘Kruszon’s brother.’
He played supporting and reccurring roles in the TV series Sprawiedliwi (2010), Time of Honor (2013), Nie rób scen (2015), Drunk History: Pol litra historii (2017), and Kod genetyczny (2020). In 2021, he appeared in the main role of ‘Krynicki’ in the Polish Netflix series ‘Sexify.’
Writing, Directing & Production
He made his debut as a screenwriter and director with the Polish short film ‘Tajemnica Alberta’ (2008).
The short films Odwyk (2011) and Norbert Juras i syn (2011) were written and directed by Wojciech. In 2018, he made his debut as a producer with the Polish film ‘Okna, okna,’ which was also his feature film debut as a writer and director.
Awards & Achievements
Awards for ‘Okna, okna’ (2018)
- 2020: Oniros Film Awards – Honorable Mention Best Comedy
- 2020: Montevideo World Film Festival for a full-length feature film
- 2019: ÉCU The European Independent Film Festival – Platinum Award for Best Actor
- 2019: The European Independent Film Award – Gold Award for Best Screenplay
- 2019: Olympus Film Festival – Best Comedy Award
- 2019: Golden Movie Awards 4th edition- Best Foreign-language film
- 2019: Multimedia Optimistic Film Festival – Special Award
- 2019: Solanin Film Festival – Off Cinema Award
Awards for ‘Bobry’ (2013)
- 2013: Solanin Film Festival – Special Award – Independent Cinema for ‘punk rock, absurdity and controversy’
- 2013: National Comedy Film Festival Brown Garnet
- 2013: International Festival of Young Cinema – Main Prize
- 2013: Independent Comedy Film Festival “Barejada” Special Award Jury
- 2013: Optimistic Film Festival ‘Multimedia Happy End’ for Best Independent Fictional film
Awards for ’80 Millions’ (2011)
- 2012: Tadeusz Szymkow Film Acting Festival for supporting male acting performance
- 2012: Polish Feature Film Festival – Złoty Klakier Award
- 2012: Polish Film Festival in America – Special Award of the Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Festival for ‘special universal values’
Awards for ‘Odwyk’ (2011)
- 2012: The Polish Independent Cinema Award Jan Machulski – Best Actor
- 2012: CK OFF Independent Cinema Festival – Filmmakers for Filmmakers Award
- 2011: International Forum of Short Feature Films ‘Cinemaforum’ – Grand Prix
- 2011: Gliwice Off Film Festival GOFFR – Feature Film in 2011 Optimistic Film Festival Multimedia Happy End – Grand Prix Golden Fish
Awards for ‘Tajemnica Alberta’ (2008)
- 2009: Polish Independent Film Festival – Distinction for acting creations
- 2009: Festival of Amateur and Independent Cinema KAN – Feature Film
- 2009: Kult Off Kino Festiwal (TVP Kultura) Award – Best Off Film
- 2009: Polish Feature Film Festival -Independent Cinema Competition
- 2009: Polish Independent Film Festival – Honourable Mention
- 2009: Polish Feature Film Festival – Honorable Mention in the Independent Cinema
Awards for U Pana Boga w ogródku (2007)
- 2007: Polish Feature Film Festival Special Jury Award
- 2007: Polish Cinemas Association Award Silver Ticket
Awards for Theater
- 2002: International Theatre Schools Festival in Warsaw for Supporting Role for ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
- 2002: 35th Drama Schools’ Festival for Best Actor for ‘A wódki nie starczy’ and ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
- 2013: 53rd Kalisz Theater Meetings – Best Actor Award for ‘Wuthering Heights’
- 2015: Festiwal Lato z Muzami – Special Award for ‘Robi swoje!’
Note: He has received other awards and nominations for his work.
- Sport(s): Tennis, Football
- Football Player(s): Diego Maradona
- Tennis Player(s): Hubert Hurkacz, Rafael Nadal
- Politician: Mahatma Gandhi
- He is multilingual and is well-versed in Polish (mother tongue), English, Russian, and French.
- Wojciech is also a dubbing artist who worked in the Polish version of American films like Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster (2004), Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows (2005), Fanboy & Chum Chum (2009), and Level Up (2012).
- From 2011 to 2006, he dubbed characters of the American series ‘Justice League’ in Polish.