Thomas Wheeler (also known as Tom Wheeler) is an American author and film writer and producer. He is known for his work in the animated films, Puss in Boots (2011), and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017); and in the TV series, The Cape (2011), and Cursed (2020).
Thomas Wheeler was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. He went to an acting school and did regional theaters. He is currently residing in Los Angeles with his wife and children.
Height (approx:): 6′ 2″
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His mother Judi Barton is an actress. He has a brother, William Wheeler (screenwriter).
Wife & Children
He is married to Christina Wheeler, a former actress. The couple has a daughter, and a son, Luca Wheeler.
As an Actor
He started his career as an actor, working in theatres. After shifting to Los Angeles, he discovered his interest in filmmaking, and thus, began writing for films. He has worked as a voice actor in the films, Puss in Boots (2011) as ‘Bartender/Mean Boy/Wagon Driver/Hotel Owner/Rodrigo,’ and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017) as ‘additional characters.’
As a Screenwriter & Producer
He made his television debut as a screenwriter and executive producer with the ABC series ‘Empire’ (2005).
He has produced and wrote the series, Surface (2005), The World According to Barnes (2007; TV movie), Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas (2009; TV movie), and The Cape (2011). He made his film debut as a screenwriter with ‘Puss in Boots’ (2011).
He has written the screenplay of the films, Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos (video short; 2012), The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017), Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019), and Mandrake the Magician, and also produced the short films, Imagination (2002), and Tir Nan Og (2003).
As an Author
He wrote his first book ‘The Arcanum’ in 2003.
His second book was ‘Cursed’ (2019); the book was illustrated by Frank Miller.
- Comic Book Writer: Grant Morrison, Frank Miller
- Comics: Marvel Comics X-Men, Green Arrow by Mike Grell, Captain America by Ed Brubaker, Daredevil by Frank Miller
- Fictional Character: Green Arrow, Daredevil
- Filmmaker: Guillermo del Toro
- In his free time, he likes reading comics and watching television shows.
- When he was 22, he finished his first screenplay, which helped him get a manager and agent. The next script he wrote was sold to 20th Century Fox.
- His book ‘Cursed’ was listed on The New York Times Young Adult Hardcover Bestseller in 2019.