Sheryl Berkoff is an American makeup artist, jewelry, and interior designer who is best known for being the wife of famous American actor Rob Lowe.
Sheryl Lynn Berkoff was born on Tuesday, June 20, 1961 (age 59 years; as in 2020), in Los Angeles, California. She did her Graduation in Fashion Designing from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles, California.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
She was raised along with her sister by her single mother and grandmother.
She was once in a relationship with the Canadian actor, author, director, and musician Keanu Reeves.
She was dating the American actor and filmmaker Emilio Estevez in the 1980s.
She met Rob Lowe, the famous American actor, and filmmaker while she was dating Emilio who was Rob’s friend. She went on a blind date with Rob in 1983, and in 1989, they met again on the sets of the film ‘Bad Influence;’ she was working as a makeup artist at that time. Eventually, they got married on June 22, 1991.
The couple is blessed with two sons, Edward Matthew Lowe (born in 1993), and John Owen Lowe (born in 1995).
She began making jewelry as a form of self-expression from a very young age. After completing her graduation, she began working as a makeup artist; her first project came in 1985 with the pornographic video ‘Treasure Box.’ She then worked as a makeup artist for a few pornographic films, Little Muffy Johnson (1985), Matrina Vie (1985), Breaking In (1986), and Living Doll (1987). She made her entry into Hollywood as a makeup artist with the film ‘Body Slam’ (1986).
She has worked as a makeup artist in the Hollywood films, 1969 (1988), Renegades (1989), Bad Influence (1990), Eve Of Destruction (1991), Frankie and Johnny (1991), The Finest Hour (1992), The Vanishing (1993), and Ghost in the Machine (1933). In 2012, she worked as a hair and makeup stylist for her husband, Rob, in the TV series ‘Who Do You Think You Are?.’
After working in films, she decided to pursue interior designing and earned features in various magazines for her work as an interior designer. While traveling across the world, she was inspired to make jewelry again and began her own jewelry line, ‘Sheryl Lowe,’ in 2007.
Sheryl Lowe is sold to fine retailers and boutiques such as Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman and worn by celebrities including Maria Shriver, Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, and Oprah Winfrey.
In 2008, Shery and her husband, Rob, filed a case against their former nanny Jessica Gibson for threatening them of sexual abuse and demanding $1.5 million for her silence against the allegations. In turn, Gibson filed a countersuit against Sheryl and her husband for alleged sexual assault and harassment. Later, Sheryl and her husband also filed a suit against another former nanny and a chef who had supposedly conspired with outsiders and made false allegations against them. Today
- Actress(s): Bianca Jagger, Brigitte Bardot
- Travel Destination(s): India, China, Africa, France, Tangier in Morocco
- Color: Turquoise
- In her leisure time, she likes traveling, visiting the sea, and collecting sea glass.
- Rob Lowe once confessed that his recovery from alcohol addiction was because of her wife who was her biggest supporter. According to Rob Lowe, it was Sheryl who encouraged him to quit drinking and helped him rehabilitate.
- Sheryl is the sister-in-law of the actor and director Chad Lowe and his wife, Kim Painter.
- Since 2019, she is an official member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
- She believes in philanthropy, and a portion of the profit from her Sheryl Lowe (her jewelry brand) is donated to support organizations such as The Women’s Alzheimer’s Movement, Teach for America, UNICEF, and Child Mind Institute.
- Sheryl and the American journalist, author, and former First Lady of California Maria Shriver are very good friends.