Sandra Drzymalska is a Polish actress. She is known for her performance in the Polish films Powrót’ (2018) and Sole (2019).
Sandra Drzymalska was born on Saturday, July 24, 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021), in Wejherowo, Gdańsk Pomerania, Poland.
After high school graduation, she moved to Warsaw to pursue acting. She attended AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Kraków, where she studied drama and theater. She graduated in 2017. FilmPolski
Talent Spot – Sandra Drzymalska Height: 5’ 7”
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
She was born into a Kashubians family. Vogue Poland Her father is a mechanic and her mother is a nurse. She has two brothers; her elder brother is a painter and her younger brother is an automobile engineer.
In 2015, she made her film debut with the Polish film ‘Listy do M. 2 (2015)’ in which she played ‘Justyna.’
She then appeared in minor roles in the Polish films Smolensk (2016), Amok (2017), and Portret (2017). Her breakthrough came with the Polish film ‘Powrót’ (2018) in the role of ‘Urszula Wysocka.’
In 2019, she played the lead role of ‘Lena’ in the Polish-Italian film ‘Sole,’ which garnered her huge media and public attention.
She then played lead roles in the Polish films Chłopcy z motylkami (2018), Ostatni Komers (2020), and We Have One Heart (2020). She has also appeared in the Polish short films Tato (2017), Jest naprawde ekstra (2017), Róza wiatrów (2017), Boys with Butterflies (2018), and Rykoszety (2018).
In 2016, she made her television debut with the Polish series ‘Strazacy’ in which she portrayed ‘Nika.’
She then played small roles in the Polish TV series The Teacher (2016), Ultraviolet (2017), 39 i pół tygodnia (2019), Stulecie Winnych (2019-2020), and W głębi lasu (2019). In 2021, she was seen in the Netflix series ‘Sexify,’ which featured her in the main role of ‘Monika.’
Awards & Achievements
- 2017: Koszalinski Festiwal Debiutow Filmowych Mlodzi i Film – Honorable Mention for the short ‘Jest naprawde ekstra’
- 2019: Montréal Festival of New Cinema – Prix de l’expérimentation – Special Mention for ‘Sole’
- 2020: Bastia Italian Film Festival -Special Mention for Interpretation for the film ‘Sole’
- 2020: Polish Film Festival -Honourable Mention for ‘Ostatni komers’ and ‘Kazdy ma swoje lato’
- When she turned ten, she took the responsibility for her home and family members, as her mother spent most of her time earning for the family. Sandra used to cook and clean.
- Sandra showed an interest in artistic activities like painting from a young age. When she found herself bored of drawing, she began visiting a local theater club.
- She decided to become an actress when she played a character named ‘Mary’ in a local play. The experience that stayed with her, compelled her to become an actress.
- Sandra is also good at dancing, singing, skating, and swimming.
References [ + ]