Sam Asghari is an American actor and personal trainer who is known to be the fiancé of famous American singer-songwriter Britney Spears.
At the age of twelve, he moved from Iran to Los Angeles, United States, with his father. In an interview with Forbes he talked about his immigration, he said,
“I left three of my sisters behind, my mother behind. My father was here in America and I hadn’t seen him for five years. It was definitely a culture shock to come here with a completely different language to speak. I didn’t speak a word of English and it was a weird age where I was finally so comfortable with my friends and had to leave them behind to start a new life. So when I came here it was very different, but I always had a positive mindset. I always knew I was coming to a country where opportunity was like gold.”
Growing up, he was an athletic kid and loved fitness. When he was four years old, he started doing gymnastics. Before his teenage years, he was in love with soccer and joined various high-level soccer camps and young professional teams before he was 10 years old. After arriving in the United States, he became interested in American football. He studied at Westlake High School in California. In high school, he acted in several plays in his school’s drama program. He played on his school’s American football team and twice competed in the Interscholastic Federation of California championships.
He was in the University of Nebraska-Lincoln football program but was cut from the team before his freshman year. He then played for the football team at Moorpark College, California. Men’s Health He then left Moorpark and gave up American football completely, instead, he studied criminal justice at Pierce College, Los Angeles, California. Men’s Health While studying at Pierce College, he held three part-time jobs, concurrently, he worked as a clerk at Best Buy (an American multinational consumer electronics company) as a sales representative at Gold’s Gym as a nightclub bouncer. He lived in an apartment with two roommates at the time. After quitting American football, he lost control of his dirtiness and gained tremendous weight. After realizing (what he was doing with himself and his body), he quit his job at Best Buy and nightclub to focus on his fitness.
He told his general manager at Gold’s Gym that he wanted to become a personal trainer at the gym and learn more about fitness and its aspects. The manager agreed and Sam signed up for Gold’s Gym Smart Nutrition course and also learned about fitness by watching videos on YouTube. Men’s Health
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Dark brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Mike Asghari and his mother’s name is Fatima.
He has three older sisters, Maddie (nurse), Ellie, and Fay (entrepreneur, cosmetic injector, and model).
His father came to the United States first, where he worked as a tow truck driver and hoped his family would join him in the United States later. His father was joined by Sam later in the United States; meanwhile, his mother and sisters remained in Tehran. Later, all of his family members (his sister and mother) came to the United States.
Relationship and Fiancee
In 2016, Sam and Britney Spears met on the sets of Spears’ Slumber Party music video. Talking about this in an interview, Sam said,
She said, ‘Hi, I’m Britney,’ and I said, ‘I’m sorry. What’s your name again?’. I tried to be funny. I don’t think anyone understood that.
The two exchanged phone numbers and went to eat sushi. In November 2016, Sam and Britney started dating. On September 12, 2021, Britney announced their engagement via a video in which Britney showed off her ring. Meanwhile, Sam posted a close-up photo of Britney’s ring to his social media accounts. The four-carat ring has a ‘lioness’ (Sam’s name for Britney) engraved on it. Her manager, Brandon Cohen, in an interview with People magazine, said,
The couple made their long-standing relationship official today and are deeply touched by the support, dedication and love shown to them.
After graduation, he started playing American football and worked at the police academy in California.
After graduating from high school, he quit playing football and gained unwanted weight. He weighed 290 pounds when he started his weight loss journey. Soon he lost about 100 pounds of weight and became an inspiration to people. Within months, he started working as a personal trainer, and then he started posting his fitness regimen on his social media accounts. He shot to fame after posting his clips from Fifth Harmony’s ‘Work From Home’ music video on his social media accounts. He is the owner of Asghari Fitness, which offers its customers personalized training programs and meal plans. The fitness website was launched on January 30, 2020.
Modeling & Actor
In 2015, her sister (Faye) offered her to model for Michael Costello, a stylist who was also a close friend of her sister. It led to him stepping on the ramp, 21, for the first time in Palm Springs, California.
He then wrapped the Toyota Prius Super Bowl commercial in 2016. The same year, he landed a small role in Fifth Harmony’s ‘Work From Home’ music video, starring American singer Ty Dolla Sign.
In 2016, he landed a role in Britney Spear’s ‘Slumber Party’ music video, starring American songwriter Tinashe. In an interview, he talked about how he almost lost the opportunity to be part of the ‘Slumber Party’ because he believed he didn’t want to be included in another music video.
In 2019, he made his film debut with the American feature film ‘Can You Keep a Secret? ‘, in which he is referred to as ‘Omar.’
The same year, he made his television debut with the American police procedural series ‘NCIS’ in the role of Security Guard Russel.
He then appeared in another American film ‘Incredible!! (2020) in a small role. In 2020, he appeared in the American television series ‘The Family Business in the episode ‘Heat It Up! He then appeared in the American television series Hacks | (2021) and Black Monday (2021). He has modeled for brands like Damiani, Panerai, Snow, and 1st Phorm.
- Food: Sushi, Burger, Fries, Pizza, Panini, Pesto Pasta, Ravioli
- Travel destination: Hawaii, Paris
- Actors: Dwayne Johnson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham
- Football player: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Sam in an official statement on Instagram slammed Brittney’s father Jamie New Indian Express and said,
“Now it’s important for people to understand that I have zero respect for someone trying to control our relationship and constantly throwing obstacles our way. In my opinion, Jamie is a total ****. I won’t be going into details because I’ve always respected our privacy but at the same time I didn’t come to this country to not be able to express my opinion and freedom. What I said is what I said. I think he’s a ****. That’s just my opinion, but I’m not going to go into details.”
- Sam has been controversial ever since he made his relationship public with Brittney. Following his post about her father, he has received many negative comments from fans. In fact, a few have commented that he is living off Britney Spear’s fame and money. The Things
Car & Bike Collection
Britney and Sam were rumored to buy a new house after ending her conservatorship of 13 years. They were spotted touring a $16.5 million Los Angeles estate in the upscale Hidden Hills area that once belonged to makeup guru Jeffree Star. New York Post
Facts and Anecdotes
- He likes hiking and traveling in his spare time.
- Britney Spears was married twice before meeting Sam. The first time she married Jason Alexander in Las Vegas was in 2004; her marriage to Jason was soon annulled. The second time she married American rapper and actor Kevin Federline was in 2004. Britney and Kevin divorced in 2007. They share custody of two children, Preston and Jayden.
- Sam and Britney often train together in Britney’s gym. They often post videos of their workouts on their social media profiles. Britney and Sam’s workout videos are made by Britney. In an interview he said,
“The exercises, I find them, but the videos are because of my better half. She’s the video director. It’s very funny, I look at them and I smile.”
- Although Sam quit soccer as a child, he later got involved in soccer camps professionally.
- In an interview, he said the best fitness advice he ever received came from trainer Bankert, who told him,
Your body is your temple.
- When he was in Tehran, he hoped to become a footballer or work in law enforcement.
- Sam opened up about his diet in an interview with Men’s Health and said his first meal of the day is high in protein. He keeps his lunch and dinner at the ratio of 25% carbohydrates, 25% vegetables, and 50% protein. Sam was previously a chef. He cooks from time to time.
- He loves dogs and owns a Dobermann.
- In September 2019, he won the Hollywood Beauty Award.
- Sam has been featured in magazines like GQ, Men’s Health, Forbes, Iron Man, Vulkan, and more.
- He loves boxing.
- He often rides horses.
- His first post on Instagram was on February 7, 2015. It was a video of himself in the gym where he was doing his arm workout.
- Sam was once really overweight and underwent a 100-pound weight loss transformation. Men’s Health He comments in an interview,
“I was eating Doritos for breakfast, fast food, sugar, candy, no protein, a lot of carbs, and drinking sugary sodas,” Asghari says. “My nutrition was extremely horrible. The stress and the fear of not going anywhere [in life] combined gave me my depression.”