Ryan Dorsey is an American actor known for his work in the TV series: Ray Donovan (2017) as ‘Dime Bag,’ Pitch (2016) as ‘Tommy Miller,’ and Bosch (2019) as ‘Sheriff.’
Ryan Dorsey was born on Tuesday, July 19, 1983 (age 37 years; as in 2020), in Charleston, West Virginia as ‘Ryan Keith Dorsey.’
He enrolled at Western Carolina University to do a Major in Theatre, however, he left the college after completing a semester. He then enrolled at West Virginia University, and after spending a year there, he auditioned for and was accepted at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
His father’s name is Arnold Dorsey. He has a brother.
He got married to Naya Rivera, American actress, in July 2014 in Cabo San Lucas in Mexico.
On September 15, 2015, the couple was blessed with a son who was named Josey Hollis Dorsey.
The couple filed for a divorce in 2016 but reconciled a year later. After a few months of their reconciliation, Naya filed for a divorce with Ryan again, and they finally got divorced in 2018.
He made his acting debut with the short film ‘Groovin’ On’ (2011) in the role of ‘Chad.’
He made his feature film debut with Blood Father (2016) as ‘Shamrock.’
He has acted in the short and feature films: Shadows (2014), Off Track (2014), Jessica California USA (2015), Prettyface (2016), DUNK (2017), Khali the Killer (2017), Parts & Labor (2018), and Heavy Doom. He made his television debut ‘Southland’ (2013) in the role of ‘Cody Carlos.’
He has acted in the TV series: Parks & Recreation (2013), Mob City (2013), The Mentalist (2014), Shameless (2015), Crowded (2016), The Vampire Diaries (2016), Nashville (2017), Ray Donovan (2017), Runaway (2018), Bosch (2019), S.W.A.T. (2019), Stumptown (2020), and The Rookie (2020). He worked as a co-producer for the first time in the film ‘Heavy Doom.’
In November 2017, Naya was arrested for assaulting Ryan during an argument over their son. Later, Ryan decided not to take the case further as it was was a personal matter, and Naya Rivera was released from jail. CNN
- Actor: Robert De Niro
- Sports: Baseball, Golf
- Basketball Player: Kobe Bryant
- Since his childhood, he wanted to be a baseball player. He is still seen playing baseball with his friends and his son Josey. His decision to become an actor after he acted in ‘Night of January 16th,’ a play by Ayn Rand when he was studying in his senior high school.
- He is an avid dog lover and has two pet dogs.
- He has a map and ‘theatre masks’ tattooed on his right and left feet, respectively.
- In 2010, Ryan and Naya Rivera dated for a short time in 2010. After their breakup, they stayed friends while Naya dated other men. After her breakup with Big Sean, Ryan and Naya began dating again in 2014. In her memoir, Sorry Not Sorry, Naya wrote about Ryan,
By the time we sort of reconnected, I was like, gosh, there’s a reason why you keep coming back in my life and we keep coming back together”
- On July 8, 2020, his ex-wife, Naya, and their son Josey had gone on a boating trip to Lak Piru. A few hours later, Josey was found on the boat, with no signs of his mother. It was reported that she drowned while saving her son. After a few days, her dead body was found.