Rosanna Pansino is a famous American YouTuber, baker, actor, singer, and author. She is best known for her cooking show ‘Nerdy Nummies’ on YouTube.
Rosanna Pansino was born on Friday, June 8, 1984 (age 36 years; as in 2020), in Seattle, Washington, as ‘Rosanna Reardon.’
She completed her elementary schooling from a Native American elementary school and studied at West Seattle High School. She did her graduation from Pacific Lutheran University, Parkland, Washington, and went to Los Angeles, California, to make her career in acting.
Height IMDb: 4’ 10”
Hair Color: Brown (dyed Blonde)
Eye Color: Brown
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
Rosanna is of Italian, Croatian, German, and Irish origin.
Her parents have appeared on her YouTube channel as Papa Pizza (died on December 17, 2019, due to Leukemia) and Mamma Mia.
She has an elder sister named Molly Lu, who is also often seen on her YouTube channel.
While she was a part of the TV series ‘Glee’ (2010), there were rumors that she was in a relationship with the actor Josh Sussman.
In 2018, she announced that she was in a relationship with the YouTuber, voice actor, and former sports commentator Mike Lamond. In a Valentine’s Day Special video in 2019, Rosanna revealed that she had known Mike for nine years, and they have been in a relationship for almost six years.
As an Actress
In 2010, she contested the second season of the reality show ‘Scream Queens’ in which unknown actresses compete to get a role in Lionsgate horror films; the prize of the season was a role in Saw 3D (2010). She was eliminated in the second week of the show.
After competing in the show, she started to work as an actress and began portraying small roles in the films. Her film debut happened with the TV series ‘Parks and Recreations’ (2009) in which she portrayed the role of ‘Holiday Elf.’
She has worked in many American TV series such as Warren the Ape (2010), Glee (2010), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2010), Husky Tales (2011), The Warp Zone (2012), Broken Quest (2013), Bad Internet (2016), Emo Dad (2016), Escape the Night (2018-19), and Ryan’s Mystery Playdate (2019). She has also acted in a few short films such as I Owe My Life to Corbin Bleu (2010), Shaky Grounds (2010), and Star Wars: DIY Cosplay (2015). Rosanna has acted in the feature films: Amy Alyson Fans (2011), Bloodsucka Jones (2013), and A Heist with Markiplier (2019).
As a YouTuber
In 2010, after she was encouraged by a few of her professional friends who were also YouTubers, she started her own YouTube channel. In 2011, she uploaded her first video of her volunteering for the Duwamish River Clean Up Act in the honor of Earth Day.
The same year, she began her baking show ‘Nerdy Nummies’ on her channel and she uploaded a video of her baking ‘Super Mario Cake.’
Her show features baking creations that resemble characters and objects from video games, television shows, anime, books, and films. Nerdy Nummies was a huge success on YouTube and became a popular baking shows on YouTube. The show has four Streamy Awards nominations to its name. When she began her channel at the beginning, she used to do filming and editing alone. Now, she works with a team of seven, which includes her parents and her sister. The show has featured many YouTube celebrities such as Michelle Phan, Bethany Mota, Lindsey Stirling, Grace Helbig, Rhett and Link (from Good Mythical Morning), Smosh, Hannah Hart, Cassey Ho, iJustine, Jordan Maron (CaptainSparklez), Colleen Ballinger, Markiplier, MatPat, Kaelem, Alx James, Random Encounters, Lilly Singh, Phil Lester, Dan Howell, Strawburry17, Joey Graceffa, Shane Dawson, Jimmy Wong, Freddie Wong, ParkerGames, Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef (from Muppets Most Wanted), Cookie Monster (from Sesame Street), video game creator Shigeru Miyamoto, astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, actress Madison Iseman, and YouTube scientist Grant Thompson. As of 2020, there are more than 12.4M people subscribed to her YouTube channel.
As a Singer & Author
In 2015, Rosanna released her first single ‘Perfect Together,’ produced by the American video editor, singer, songwriter, and musician Kurt Hugo Schneider. Initially, the song was released on iTunes, and later that year, its music video was released on her YouTube channel.
She turned author after she published her first book ‘The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook’ in 2015. The book features some of her recipes from ‘Nerdy Nummies’ and some recipes which she never made on her show. The book became a New York Times bestseller and has been listed as ’50 Must-Read Books by YouTubers’ on Book Riot Podcast.
In 2018, she published her second cookbook ‘Baking All Year Round.’
In collaboration with the cooking company called Wilton, Rosanna released her baking line. Her baking line consists of tools and products intended for the use of beginners in cooking. It was released to many retailers, including Walmart and Michael’s.
She also owns an online store where she sells ‘Nerdy Nummies’ merch and her recipes.
She is also a producer and has been producing a series called ‘Ro’s Life’ since 2013.
Awards & Achievements
- YouTube – Diamond Creator Award in 2019
- Listed in Forbes Top Influencers – Food 2017
- Taste Award for Foodie of the Year in 2017
- Taste Awards for Kikkoman Breakout Foodies of the Year in 2016
- Shorty Award for Best Foodie, Chef or Food Lover in Social Media in 2013
- Voted as ‘Queen of the Web’ in 2012
- Dessert: Pineapple Pound Cake
- Music Instrument: Cello
- YouTubers: Daily Grace, Felicia Day, Cox n’ Crendor
Rosanna Pansino owns a house in Manhattan Beach, California. Locale Magazine
As of 2016, Rosanna Pansino’s estimated YouTube earnings were $6 million. Forbes
- In her leisure time, she likes cooking, shooting, archery, and singing.
- According to Rosanna, in her childhood, her friends and family called her ‘nerdy’ and ‘awkward’ kid.
- She is also known as ‘Ro’ among her family, friends, and fans. IMDb
- Her name ‘Rosanna’ means ‘Rose of Grace’ in Italian.
- Rosanna got an interest in cooking from her grandmother who also loved cooking.
- From an early age, she wanted to become an actress. When she was in high school, she used to act in musicals and theatre plays.
- She was very sporty in her teens, in fact, in her early high school years, she was a part of varsity gymnastics and varsity soccer.
- When she first started her YouTube channel, she invested her life savings of $20,000 on buying filming and editing equipment. It was her life savings because according to her, she had collected the amount by saving ten percent of her paycheck, which she had ever received since the age of twelve. She saved by doing jobs such as babysitting, dog walking, bartending, etc. She worked as a waitress for almost eight years. She also worked at Sears and Abercrombie stores.
- In the early years of her career, she was told to choose between her acting and Youtube by her agent as it was affecting her acting career. However, she was reluctant to leave YouTube. In an interview, she said,
At this point, I wasn’t making any money on YouTube. I knew that it was possible to do that but I wasn’t making a dime. I decided, I’m going to do this. I’m not going to let YouTube go. My agent’s going to drop me. And he did. That’s when I totally invested 100 percent of my time and my life savings into my channel. I worked on my channel full-time for a year before I started to make money. I just had to live off my savings. I lived in a really small apartment with, like, six people and three bedrooms.”
- Rosanne has been featured in various magazines such as Locale, Girls’ Life, Forbes, Adweek, Nylon, and Seventeen.
- In 2013, she involved with Alzheimer’s Association (a non-profit American volunteer health organization that focuses on care, support, and research for Alzheimer’s disease) in their “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” initiative.
- In 2019, she made an appearance as a guest judge on Netflix’s original competitive-baking show ‘Nailed It!.’
- In 2019, Rosanna was admitted to a local hospital after she suffered from severe pain and illness. It was later found out that she was suffering from a life-threatening bacterial infection, which was immediately treated.
- She was once made the ‘Educational Goodwill Ambassador” at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- As a part of the global poverty alleviation effort, she taught English in China.
- Rosanna loves dogs. She had a dog named ‘Cookie’ who died in March 2020. After Cookie’s death, she took in two dogs and named them Blueberry and Coconut.
References [ + ]