Romane Serda is a French singer, actress, and author, who is known for being the ex-wife of popular French singer-songwriter Renaud Séchan.
Romane Serda was born on Friday, February 26, 1971 (age 51 years; as of 2022), in Paris, France. She spent her childhood in Drôme, oscillating between Vaison-la-Romaine and Nyons. She grew up in a hippie community in Drôme with her hipster parents. She used to spend her holidays in a village of nudists. Paris Match
During her teenage, she lived in Montpellier. After working in the local radio station of the network Europe 2 in Montpellier, she moved to Paris to work for the network.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Black
Parents & Siblings
After the separation of her parents, her mother remarried. Romane Serda has a step-sister named Marion, the daughter of her stepfather. Her father died on December 16, 2015. Her half-sister’s name is Lolita.
Husband & Children
From 2005 to 2011, Romane Serda was married to Renaud Séchan, is a popular French singer, songwriter, and actor, who is known for his studio albums Laisse béton (1977 ), Morgane de toi (1983), and Mistral gagnant (1985). Together, Renaud and Romane have a son Malone Oscar Olivier Séchan-Serda (born on July 14, 2006).
After an irrational marriage in Las Vegas, which is not recognized by the French authorities, she officially married Renaud on August 5, 2005, in Chateauneuf-de-Bordette, in Drôme.
Shortly after the release of her third album, Ailleurs (2011), the couple parted ways. Before Romane Serda, Renaud Séchan was married to Dominique Quilichini, was an actress in French stage comedian Coluche’s troupe. Together, Renaud and Dominique have a daughter named Lolita Séchan, a popular French writer and illustrator who is known for the graphic novel “Les brumes de Sapa” (2016) and the children’s book “Cachée ou pas, j’arrive!” (2020). Renaud and Dominique divorced when Lolita was 18.
In her book, she revealed that has been in relationships with numerous men, including Jean-Jacques Goldman’s technician on the concerts named Patrice and a guy named Thierry, because of whom Romane was taken into the custody of the police twice as he had links with a mafia. Paris Match Romane Serda and Renaud Séchan first made acquaintance in La Closerie des Lilas, Paris, where Romane was visiting to meet an artistic director from Sony Music. Soon, they started dating, and then, they got married. Romane and Renaud divorced in 2011. Thereafter, she came into a relationship with an abusive man. After staying single for years after suffering domestic violence, Romane Serda again came into a relationship, but she hasn’t revealed his name. When she appeared on the French talk show ‘Touche pas à mon poste!’ in 2021, she said,
I decided not to expose my life, nor my son, nor my romantic encounters … I am better like that…With Renaud, it was obvious, since we are both public figures. So it was normal, more logical. We had a duo together, we worked together, he did my texts… Today, I don’t see the point of it “
While living in Montpellier, she developed an interest in the entertainment industry when she worked for the local radio station of the network Europe 2. Later, she moved to Paris, where she continued to work for Europe 2, meanwhile trying her hand at acting. She also worked at radio network Nostalgie. In an interview, she talked about her work as a technician at Europe 2 and said,
I was playing locally in Montpellier and we had twenty minutes live per hour to present the news, pubs and the weather. I programmed music and I also did advertising voices because we do everything on the radio.”
After appearing in the French sitcoms ‘L’annexe’ and ‘Salut les Musclés’ in 1993, she joined a musical group as a vocalist and moved to London, where she spent six years. In London, she worked for John Reynolds, the Irish artistic producer. She has also worked for the French singer-songwriter Jean-Jacques Goldman. She returned to Paris in 1999.
On October 18, 1993, she made her acting debut with TV series ‘L’annexe’ in which she played the protagonist Marie. After securing the role, she took acting lessons with Jacques Martin. Broadcast on France 2, the series showcased the daily life of a group of high school students who work together in a pizzeria named L’Annex. In the same year, she played a minor role of Caroline in the French comedy TV series ‘Salut les Musclés.’
In 1998, she appeared in the English TV film ‘This Could Be the Last Time’ in which the played the role of a shop assistant. In the Canadian TV series ‘Relic Hunter,’ she made an appearance in the episode titled “Memories of Montmartre” (2000).
In 2004, Romane Serda released her first self-titled album, which was produced and written by Renaud Séchan. The album earned her a nomination for the Victoires de la Musique in the category of Breakthrough Album of the Year, but she failed to win the award. In 2005, she lent her voice to the single “Anaïs Nin,” dedicated to the American writer of the same name, in which she sang a duet with Renaud. Romane Serda’s second album, ‘Après la pluie,’ written and produced by Renaud, was released in 2007. In 2011, she released her third album, ‘Ailleurs.’
In 2018, she released her fourth album, Pour te plaire, which did not gain much popularity.
In 2019, she lent her voice to the song “Un coin pour vivre” to help the association Les Hôtels du Coeur for the benefit of the homeless and the poorly housed in Paris.
On October 7, 2020, her biographical book ‘À la vie à l’amour’ was published by HarperCollins. She walked the runway during “Le Defile des Robes en Chocolats” during the “Salon du Chocolat Paris 2017” at Parc des Expositions Porte de Versailles on October 27, 2017, in Paris. France.
Raped at the age of nine
In her biographical book ‘À la vie à l’amour’ (2020), Romane Serda revealed that she was raped at the age of nine by the teenage son of a farmer who lived next door. The incident took place in in a farm barn. Romane used to play ball and ride a bicycle with him. Voici The book read,
A day like any other, he asks me to come and play at his house, on the farm. As soon as I arrive, he jumps on me […. My breath is taken away, my brain paralyzed. It’s so sudden, so violent that I don’t react right away. He enters me once, I struggle, I scream, and in the fight he can’t sink any further. I believe… “
Suffered Domestic Violence
In her biographical book ‘À la vie à l’amour’ (2020), she revealed that she was a victim of domestic violence, but she did not reveal the name of the accused. The alleged incident took place after her separation from Renaud Séchan. While recounting the torture on the talk show ‘Touche pas à mon poste!’ in 2021, Romane Serda said that the situation took a dramatic turn the day she decided to leave him. She was attacked by her companion, who beat her to the ground and hid her phone so that she was unable to call for help. Later, Romane Serda filed a complaint and the accused was sentenced to prison for three years and charged with a fine of 2,000 euros. Purepeople
- Rock band(s): The Beatles, Supertramp, Pink Floyd
- Book: Ethics by Baruch Spinoza
- Rapper: Jean-Michel
- She has a pet cat, and she uploads various pictures of her cat on her Instagram account. An avid dog lover, she also has a pet dog.
- Earlier Romane Serda was a frequent smoker, but later, she quit smoking. During an interview, she revealed that although she was into smoking, she never consumed any drugs like cocaine, heroin, etc. Purepeople
- In an interview, she revealed that her father wanted to name her Lolita, but as her mother did not agree she was named Romane. Thereafter, Romane’s father named her half-sister Lolita. In the interview, she addressed the fact that she as well as her son has a half-sister named Lolita.
- She auditioned and secured a job as a dancer with the Parisian cabaret group Crazy Horse (Le Crazy Horse de Paris). Apparently, Romane was accompanying her friend to the castings. In an interview, while recalling the incident, she said,
Dragged by a friend to this casting, I went there mainly to accompany her, because with my complexes of thinness, I never imagined for a second that it could work. And then, yes! Not only did they choose me, but I absolutely had to have a solo number.”
Although she rehearsed to give a solo performance for a while, she quit the dance group after securing the main role in a TV series for the channel France 2.
- In an interview, she revealed that she had worked as an ass model i.e., only her buttocks were used for a modeling assignment. While recalling the same, Romane shared that she had low self-esteem during her teens as she was very skinny. She also said that she used to put on four panties and three pairs of tights just to add volume to her skinny body.
- While sharing how her parents chose a name for her in an interview, she said,
They were on a beach where a woman on horseback passed. My father asked her her first name, it was Romane.”
- Apart from being an actor, she is also a sculptor. In an interview, she said,
The sculpture. I love creating women with tiny waists and misshapen curves.”
- Once, after a concert, she was approached by Rudolf Schenker, a German guitarist who is known for being the founder of the hard rock band Scorpions for collaboration. The singer and guitarist composed and wrote songs for her in English, but later, things did not work out between them. While talking about the same in an interview, she said,
Rudolf composed and wrote texts for me in English. It was very commercial, I didn’t like the producer, I dithered and didn’t sign the contract.”
- In 2010, Lolita Séchan authored the book “Marshmalone” (named after her half-brother Malone) in which she talked about the arrival of her little brother into her life. In an interview, while talking about her book, she said,
I wanted to talk about the arrival of this little brother in my life as an only girl with all that that implies. At the beginning, it was very hard to share my father, today I’m very happy.”
|↑1, ↑2||Paris Match|