Rachel Sennott is an American actress and comedian. She is known for her performance in the American films Tahara (2020) and Shiva Baby (2020) and the TV series Call Your Mother (2021).
In 2014, she graduated from Simsbury High School. She is an alumna of the New York University’s Tisch School Of The Arts, where she pursued a Bachelor of Fine Arts and graduated in 2018. Stewart Talent She hails from Tisch’s Stonestreet Screen Acting Studio. NYU News
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
She has a sister named Elizabeth.
In her freshman year of college, she dated a man who did stand-up comedy. As of 2021, she is in a relationship with a man named Logan Miller.
I grew up Catholic and very religious. Catholicism is all about being condescending.”
Rachel Sennott became interested in comedy due to her then-boyfriend (stand-up comedian) in the freshman year of her college. During her college days, she began doing stand-up acts at Manhattan open-mic nights, which she did not like because she felt that people were laughing ‘at her’ rather than ‘with her.’ Talking about it in an interview, Rachel said,
I would be the only girl, everyone would be a 35-year-old who drove in from New Jersey to joke about how he wished his wife was dead. It just sucked and I never thought I could really do well there. Even if I was getting a laugh, it always felt like it was laughing at me, and not with me.”
At the same time, she also began acting in student films. In 2018, she began doing Twitter comedy, writing short jokes and tweeting them. She then began doing alternative comedy (alt scene) and had a regular gig on ‘It’s A Guy Thing.’ Soon, she began making her own shows ‘Puke Fest’ and ‘Ur Gonna Slp Rlly Well Tonight,’ both released in 2018. Her monthly show ‘Puke Fest’ combined stand-up acts with a drinking game and moved to Instagram live during the 2019 COVID pandemic.
She became popular in the alt scene with her gigs, complaining about dating and the economy and discussing culture. In 2020, she developed a comedy TV series on Comedy Central with Ayo Edebiri titled ‘Ayo and Rachel are Single.’
She also developed another show titled ‘Taking the Stage’ (2020) on Comedy Central.
She became very famous for her front-facing camera comedy during COVID-19 pandemic quarantines.
In 2016, she made her television debut with the American television film ‘Unbalanced’ as ‘Elena.’
She made her TV series debut in the American TV series ‘Bromance’ (2016) as ‘Photographers Assistant #1.’
She played small roles in the American TV series High Maintenance (2018), Stuck in the Mall (2019), Get Money (2020), and The Basics (2021). In 2021, she was seen in the main role of ‘Jackie Raines’ in the American TV series ‘Call Your Mother.’
In 2017, she made her film debut with the American short ‘Hostess.’ She then appeared in the award-winning American short films Shiva Baby (2018), Wakey Wakey (2019), and Tabitha in Love (2019). In 2020, she made her feature film debut with the American film ‘Tahara’ as ‘Hannah Rosen.’
In 2020, she appeared in the lead role of ‘Daniella’ in the feature film ‘Shiva Baby’ and earned many accolades for her performance.
In 2016, she worked as an executive producer for the TV movie ‘Unbalanced.’ In 2019, she made her debut as a writer and producer with the TV mini-series ‘Stuck in the Mall.’ In 2020, she appeared, along with Ayo Edebiri and other comedians, on the web comedy-documentary series ‘Speak Up,’ seeking to amplify female voices about working in comedy.
Awards & Achievements
- Named one of the six best comedians of the alt scene on Time Out New York in 2019
- Named one of the six best comedians of the alt scene on Pop Dust in 2019
- Named one of the seventeen best performances of TIFF 2020 by Seventh Row
- Bruin Film Society Awards – BFS Award for Best Actress in Shiva Baby in 2021
- Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival – Rising Star Award
- Food: Sushi
- Singer: Dua Lipa
- Film(s): Black Swan (2010), Thoroughbreds (2017)
- Actress(es): Jennifer Coolidge, Bella Thorne
- Beverage: Iced Oat Latte
- Travel Destination(s): Los Angeles, Burbank, Santa Monica, New York, Toronto, Boston, Budapest
- Cartoon: The Powerpuff Girls (1998)
- TV Series: Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (2021)
- Song: Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton-John
- She is known as TreaclyChild. Rachel Senott – Instagram Explaining her reasons for the name, in an interview, she said,
When I was little, I was a sticky child (that’s what my family called it), which is when a little kid always has a little bit of snot under their nose, or you know when little kids suck the top part of their shirt? And they’re always a little wet or a little sticky? I had that. So, I wanted to do sticky child, and then that was taken by some cool influencer — and good for her, and we raise her up — but then I googled synonyms for sticky and treacly was one of them. Then I made TreaclyChild, and it just stuck. Sometimes I think about whether I should change it, but if someone else took TreaclyChild, I would have a breakdown.”
- Talking about her experience while shooting for the movie poster of ‘Shiva Baby’ in an interview, she said,
I was naked on a little stool, while the art designer is covering me in shaving cream. The bagels kept sliding, and I couldn’t touch [anything] because I would mess it up, so someone was literally on bagel duty. [When] the bagels would slide and between takes, they would pick them up and put new ones on.”
- In 2019, she created a comic video in LA and uploaded it on her social media accounts; the video became viral. The clip was used at the beginning of the song ‘Bump This’ by Michael Medrano, Jake Germain, and Michete.
- She has an eponymous YouTube channel, which was started on June 13, 2014. The channel contains her short film/acting clips and stand-up acts, with the last video posted in January 2020. The channel has 4.5 K subscribers.
- She is a dog lover and has a dog named Charli. She often posts pictures with her dog on her social media accounts.