Olivia Jade is an American YouTuber and social media influencer who came into the spotlight with the outbreak of the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal in which she was accused of fraudulent acceptance to The University of Southern California.
She did her schooling at John Thomas Dye School and Marymount High School, both in Los Angeles. During her childhood days, she grew passionate about makeup watching her actress mother getting ready for celebrity events. In an interview, while describing the onset of her fondness for makeup, she said,
I think ever since I was young, my mom had her makeup professionally done for events so I would always watch makeup artists kind of sculpt her face a little bit…It’s pretty special that as a kid I got to learn proper techniques from watching professionals.”
Despite attending weekly acting classes during her teenage days, she was intrigued by makeup and desired to venture into the cosmetics business. In an interview, she said,
It’s a dream of mine to launch a beauty or skin-care company one day. Being able to create my own line of products would be so surreal.”
In 2018, she enrolled at the University of Southern California (USC) to major in communications. Teen Vogue After the outbreak of the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal, in which she was accused of securing admission at USC through fraudulent means, the university officials announced that Olivia and her sister were no more enrolled with USC. The Washington Post
Height (approx.): 5’ 4”
Figure Measurements (approx.): 30-28-32
Hair Color: Medium Blonde
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Olivia Jade’s mother, Lori Loughlin, is of Irish descent Beauty and the Feast, and her father, Mossimo Giannulli, is of Italian descent. People Mossimo Giannulli is an American fashion designer who founded the mid-range clothing company Mossimo in 1986. Lori Loughlin is an American actress who is best known for starring in the ABC sitcom Full House (1988–1995) and its Netflix sequel Fuller House (2016–2018) as Rebecca Donaldson-Katsopolis.
Before Lori Loughlin, Mossimo was married to Chris Giannulli with whom he has a son named Gianni Giannulli, the founder of the food company The Smart Co., best known for its pastry The Smart Tart. Olivia’s sister, Isabella Rose Giannulli, is a fashion blogger who made her acting debut with Hallmark’s Christmas-themed film ‘Every Christmas Has a Story’ (2016) in which she played the role of Mia Walker.
Affairs & Boyfriends/Girlfriends
Olivia Jade Giannulli and Jackson Guthy were rumored to be in a relationship in early 2019. Briefly after the college admissions scandal in March 2019, there were rumors of their split.
In 2014, she started her journey as a Youtuber when she created her self-titled channel, featuring beauty, fashion, and general lifestyle vlogs. In 2017, she appeared in the American pop culture game show ‘Tap That Awesome App.’ In the now obsolete show of Awesomeness TV, she competed for a $5,000 prize for charity.
Thereafter, she rose to prominence with her vlogs that gave an insight into her lavish lifestyle, showcasing her latest luxury purchases, makeup tutorials, and Q&A sessions with themes. Soon, she accumulated over 1.80 million subscribers, which led to her collaboration with the French multinational company Sephora Collection on a limited edition bronzer and highlighter palette.
As a social media influencer, she took social media by storm posting glamorous pictures in chic outfits on her Instagram account. Her abundant following helped her to earn revenue through commercial endorsements and advertisements for various makeup and fashion brands like Amazon, Sephora, and Princess Polly. In March 2019, Sephora and TRESemmé dropped their collaboration with Olivia as a repercussion of the scandal. Later, in the same year, she made an appearance on the Facebook talk show “Red Table Talk.” Her account on Tiktok, a video-sharing platform, garnered over 200k followers and over 2M likes.
- Olivia Jade sparked controversy in August 2017 when she crashed her car while filming herself driving. Reportedly, she claimed that a truck smashed into her vehicle from behind at a red light, sending her into the car in front of her. When she detailed the whole ordeal in a video she received criticism for vlogging while driving in the first place. Aol
- On March 12, 2019, Olivia’s parents, Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, were arrested after being charged for involvement in a criminal conspiracy during the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal. The fraud and bribery-related offenses included paying $500,000 to William Singer, for the admission of their daughters (including Olivia Jade) to the University of Southern California (USC). Independent During the investigation into the conspiracy, code-named Operation Varsity Blues, Olivia was accused of faking an athletic career by posing for a photo on an ergometer rowing machine. The picture was submitted as part of her USC application implying that Olivia was a competitive rower. Additionally, a resume showcasing her athletic achievements was also attached along with her USC application to enhance it. The New York Times
Pleaded guilty, Lori Loughlin was sentenced to two months in prison while Mossimo Giannulli was sentenced to five months. Neither Olivia nor any other child who benefited from the scheme was charged with a crime. As a repercussion of the scandal, Olivia Jade’s Instagram flooded with negative jokes and comments, one of which read,
Your smile may be straight but your family is crooked.”
Another comment read,
Honestly the fact that you and your sister stole spots at USC from someone who worked hard in high school is beyond disgusting.”
- One of Olivia Jade’s high school classmates named Harlow Brooks uploaded a YouTube video in which she mentioned that she was always wondered how Olivia got into the University of Southern California. In a subsequent video, she claimed that a bunch of different girls and high school authorities threatened to sue her for criticizing Olivia’s parents for their involvement in the admissions scandal and demanded Brooks to delete the video. Harlow Brooks’ YouTube channel The school authorities denied threatening Harlow stating,
It is unfortunate and disturbing that someone who spent only three days at Marymount would make false, misleading and harmful statements about the school and current and former members of its student body.”
- She is a non-vegetarian.
- As an avid dog lover, she often posts various pictures posing with her dogs on her Instagram account.
- In 2018, she made an attempt to trademark “Olivia Jade” and “Olivia Jade Beauty,” but failed due to some alleged punctuation errors in the application. Her trademark application was finally approved in April 2019.