Nora Arnezeder is a French actress and singer. She is known for her roles in the French films Paris 36 (2008) and Angélique (2013) and the American film Army of the Dead (2021).
In Paris, France, Nora Arnezeder was born on Monday, May 8, 1989 (age 32 years; as of 2021), in Paris, France. At the age of two, she moved with her family to Aix-en-Provence city.
When she was fourteen years old, she went to Bali, Indonesia, where she lived for a year. When she was sixteen, she returned to Paris to study singing and acting at Académie Internationale De La Danse Et De Théâtre, Paris. She also attended Cours Florent, Paris, to study acting, dancing, and singing; she was still a high school student at that time. Cours Florent -Alumni To continue her career in acting, she dropped out of high school and left her studies. Elle France
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
From her father’s side, Nora Arnezeder is an Austrian Catholic, from her mother’s side, she is an Egyptian Jew, who is the descendent of the Sephardic Italian family that shifted to Alexandria (Egypt) before World War I. Talking about it in an interview, Nora said,
I grew up in this nostalgia, in the memory of the smell of jasmine, hookah, and Turkish delight.”
After Gamal Abdel Nasser’s (Egypt’s former president) nationalization of the Suez Canal in 1956, the Schinasi family (her mother’s family) moved to France. Nora was brought up in a bohemian-hippie household. Madame Le Figaro
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Wolfgang Arnezeder and her mother’s name is Piera Schinasi. Her sister, Léa Arnezeder, is also an actress.
In 2008, she was dating the French actor Gad Elmaleh.
In 2014, she was reported to be the girlfriend of the English actor Orlando Bloom.
She has once dated the French filmmaker Christophe Barratier.
As of 2021, she is dating the English actor Guy Burnet.
In 2006, she made her television debut with the French TV series ‘Commissaire Valence’ in which she played ‘Chloé.’
She then appeared in the French TV series R.I.S. Police scientifique (2007) and Xanadu (2011). She made her telefilm debut with the French film ‘Graduate at 70!’ (2007) in the role of ‘Elsa.’
In 2015, she made her American TV series debut ‘Zoo’ as ‘Chloe Tousignant’ and continued to be on the show till 2016.
She also appeared in the American TV series Mozart in the Jungle (2014-2018) and Leopard Skin. She made her British TV series debut ‘Origin’ in 2018 in the role of ‘Evelyn Rey.’
From 2017 to 2020, she appeared in the British TV series ‘Riviera.’
In 2007, she made her film debut with the French film ‘Les deux mondes’ in the role of ‘Lyri.’
In 2008, at the age of seventeen, she was cast in the lead role of ‘Douce’ in the French film ‘Paris 36′ (also, Faubourg 36) in which she performed in the song ‘Loin de Paname,’ which was nominated for Best Original Song at the 82nd Academy Awards. Initially, she was rejected by the film’s director Christophe Barratier for being too young to act in the film. However, he cast her immediately after she showed up dressed as an adult in the next round of auditions.
She also acted in the French films La croisière (2011), Maniac (2012), What the Day Owes the Night (2012), Angélique (2013), Fiston (2014), and Déflagrations. In 2012, she made her Hollywood debut with the film ‘The Words’ in the role of ‘Celia.’
She acted in the American films Safe House (2012), In the Cloud (2018), Berserk (2019), Faraway Eyes (2020), and Army of the Dead (2021). In 2021, she made her German-Swiss debut with ‘Tides’ (an English-language film) in the role of ‘Blake.’
In 2021, she made her Indian debut in the role of ‘Juliet’ in the English-language film ‘Le Musk,’ directorial debut of one of India’s most renowned music producers A. R. Rahman.
Apart from acting, she has also directed the short film ‘The Interesting Life Of Paul Chanoui.’ In 2009, she became the brand ambassador of Guerlain’s fragrance ‘Idylle.’
She is a singer and sings with a band in Louisiana. In 2010, she sang a re-arrangement of the song ‘Singin ‘in the Rain’ with Féloche.
Not only has she acted in films and television, but also, did theater in plays like Après Tout, si ça Marche… (2012) at Théâtre National de Nice and You Will Remember Me (2018).
Awards & Achievements
- Étoiles d’Or, France for Best Female Newcomer for the film Paris 36 in 2009
- Lumiere Awards, France for Most Promising Young Actress for the film Paris 36 in 2009
- Food: Grilled Fish, Fennel or Chive casserole eggs
- Restaurant(s): Le Villaret in Paris, Hôtel Mathis in Parus
- Alcoholic Beverage: Champagne
- Actor(s): Mathieu Amalric, Sacha Guitry, Eugène Ionesco, Georges Feydeau, Sean Penn, Abdelattif Kechiche
- Actress(es): Marion Cotillard, Diane Kruger, Audrey Hepburn, Maïwenn
- Film Director(s): Claude Miller, Laurent Cantet, Cédric Klapisch, Jacques Demy
- Film(s): Bridget Jones film series, What the Day Owes the Night (2012), Le Coup De Sirocco (1979), Le Grand Pardon (1982), Cloclo (2012), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964), The Night of the Hunter (1955)
- Film Genre: Comedy
- Musical(s): Chicago by Ebb and Bob Fosse, My Fair Lady by Alan Jay Lerner
- Music Genre(s): Jazz, Rock, R&B
- Singer(s): Carla Bruni, Barbara, Yael Naim, Frank Sinatra, Stacey Kent, Alicia Keys, Billie Holiday, Alanis Morissette
- Musician(s): Frédéric Chopin, Quincy Jones, Holly Johnson
- Band(s): CocoRosie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Morcheeba, Faithless
- Song: Aux Armes Et Caetera (La Marseillaise) by Serge Gainsbourg
- Poet: Jacques Prévert
- Novelist: Stefan Zweig
- Book: Chess: A Novel by Stefan Zweig
- Fashion Brand(s): Dior, Valentino
- Cosmetics Brand(s): Chanel, Kiehl’s
- In her leisure time, Nora likes to compose songs with her guitar at her home. She also likes to sing, swim, sunbathe, and practice yoga.
- Her maternal grandfather was a writer and actor, who spent his entire life performing on stage.
- When Nora’s father was 16, he left Austria to travel around the world by boat. At each stop, he picked up jobs like picking apples and cotton and serving in bars. At his stop in Bali, he met Nora’s mother, got married, and settled with her mother in Bali. Before Nora’s birth, her parents returned to Paris because they wanted Nora to study comedy, singing, and music.
- As a child, she attended acting classes with her sister. She was interested in acting but did not want to become an actress, instead, she wanted to be a singer. One day after watching a theater performance, her mother called the cast and director of the theater play to their home for drinks. On the occasion, her mother announced that her daughters had prepared a play (written by Nora and her sister) for them. The guest was delighted by their performance and told that her sister was made for acting while she was made for singing. Anouk Grinberg, the lead actress, on the other hand, said,
They are both actresses!”
Anouk’s words struck Nora and made her look towards acting as a profession.
- Nora has her Léa, her sister’s, first name tattooed on her right arm, and her sister, in turn, has Nora’s first name inscribed on her arm.