Noemi Gonzalez is an American actress who is known for her portrayal of ‘Soli Gomez’ in the TV series ‘East Los High’ (2013), ‘Mia Rosales’ in the TV series ‘The Young and the Restless’ (2018), and ‘Suzette Quintanilla’ in the TV series ‘Selena: The Series’ (2020).
She attended the Desert Hot Springs High School in Desert Hot Springs, California. In 2020, she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Acting from the University of California, Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California. Salt & Sirena When she was growing up, she spent her Wednesdays helping her mother clean houses in Palm Springs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
Her father was a landscaper and worked for celebrities including American singer Elvis Presley (who had a honeymoon getaway in Palm Springs) and American-British comedian Bob Hope (who owned a home in Palm Springs). Her mother, Artemisa Gonzalez, used to work at a local grocery store and also cleaned some of the homes in Palm Springs. She has three brothers; two of them are named Ben and Michael Gonzalez. She had one more brother (aged 14) who died in a car accident when she was eight years old.
In 2011, she made her acting debut with the short film ‘Talker’ in the role of ‘Fernanda.’ She has also appeared in the short films: Blackbird (2011), Cobalt 60 (2015), Penance (2019), Halfway (2019), and Slipping Into Darkness (2020). She made her feature film debut as ‘Evette Arista’ in the Americal film ‘Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones’ (2014).
She has also appeared in the American feature films: The Good Nanny (2017), Charlotte The Return (2019), The Tax Collector (2020), and Traces (2021). In 2013, she made her television debut with the American TV series ‘East Los High’ in the role of ‘Soli Gomez.’
She has also given performances in television series: The Kicks (2015), Rosewood (2017), The Young and the Restless (2018), Dark/Web (2019), and Selena: The Series (2020).
- Actress(s): Viola Davis, Natalie Portman, Jessica Chastain, Rita Moreno, America Ferrera, Eva Longoria
- Singer: Jennifer Lopez
- Food: Tacos
- Restaurant(s): Kam Lun Chinese in Desert Hot Springs, Casa Blanca in Desert Hot Springs, South of the Border in Desert Hot Springs, The Cottage Too Diner in Desert Hot Springs
- In her leisure time, she likes hiking, working out, doing yoga, dancing, reading, and binge-watching TV shows and films. She also spends her time visiting museum exhibits, concerts, theater, food festivals, and cultural celebrations.
- After her brother’s death, she received support from a Desert Hot Spring choir teacher Mr. Michael Bukraba, who taught his students how to sing in French, Hebrew, and Japanese. Being in the company of Bukraba, she was drawn to music, which helped her overcome her hard times. She then decided to sing in Choir. She said,
I leaned on music when I was a child. Through a series of challenging events in my childhood, I was drawn to singing in Choir – I imagine it was the need to channel my emotions.”
- After she completed her schooling, she wanted to follow her music teacher Bukraba’s footsteps and become a music teacher. When she was preparing to enroll at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), she was suggested to take an intro to acting by one of the UCSB Orientation Volunteers because of her interest in arts. She decided to go for it and was accepted to the Bachelor of Fine Arts Conservatory Program in Acting during the audition process.
- While studying at UCSB, she also began working as a bartender in order to support her dreams.
- In 2020, she received the Best Actress Award at Focus International Film Festival for her performance in the short film ‘Slipping Into Darkness.’
- She is also an active philanthropist and donates to children special needs funds, different refugee organizations, and to Black Lives Matter family survivors. During the BLM movement in 2020, she also participated in the protests on the streets.
- She is also involved in volunteer works and often speaks to Latinas, women, college-bound, and inner-city students in different forums to educate them whenever the opportunity comes.
- She loves cats and owns a cat named Fabio.
- There is a tattoo on her right shoulder.