Nicolas Arestrup is a french actor, screenwriter, and director, who has won three Césars for The Beat That My Heart Skipped, A Prophet, and Quai d’Orsay. He is well known for playing characters in A Prophet (2009), War Horse (2011), and Diplomacy (2014).
Arestrup was born on February 8, 1949, (Tuesday) in Montreuil, Seine [now Seine-Saint-Denis, France] to Danish parents and a Breton mother. He is 73 years old as of 2022 and his zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Height (approx): 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Eye color: Blue
- Hair color: Grey/White
Family and Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His mother is of French origin while his father is Danish.
Relationships/ Affairs, Wife, Children
Currently, he is married to Isabelle Le Nouvel (actress and director), whom he met on September 15, 2012. The couple has two children together.
As an actor, his debut in TV Series was with Gentlemen of the Jury (1974). In the same year, he also played a role in the movie Stavisky. As a writer, he has written three movies, Du blues dans la tete (1981), The Candidate (2007), and Le temps de cerises (2008). His debut as a director was with The Candidate (2007.)
- 1981 – Blues in the Head as the screenwriter
- 2007 -The Candidate as director and screenwriter
As an actor
- 1999 Critics Syndicate Award as Best Actor in Copenhagen
- 2006 César Award for the Best Supporting Actor in The Beat That My Heart Skipped
- 2010 César Award for the Best Supporting Actor in A Prophet
- 2010 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for the Best Supporting Actor in A Prophet
- 2010 International Cinephile Society for the Best Supporting Actor in A Prophet
- 2014 César Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role in The French Minister
- 2015 Valladolid International Film Festival award for the Best Actor in Diplomacy
- 2017 Globe de Cristal Awards for the Best Actor in a Play Acting
- 2020 Molière Award for the Best Actor in Red
Facts / Anecdotes
- Since 2014, he is the only actor to have won three Césars for Best Supporting Actor.
- It was in 2012, at the age of 72, that he became the father of twins, a girl, and a boy. However, he was always afraid of being a parent, here’s what he says:
“I didn’t want children, I was always barred elsewhere, on tour, on filming,” admits the movie star. In addition to the time he lacked, the actor admits his fear of becoming a father: “At the beginning, these beings, very organic with the mother, impressed me, paralyzed me”, he continues.