Nick Bare is an American YouTuber, entrepreneur, and author who is the CEO of Bare Performance Nutrition, founder of Embrace The Suck Training Program, and host of The Bare Performance podcast.
Nick Bare was born on Wednesday, August 1, 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019), in Austin, Texas.
He went to Indiana University of Pennsylvania to pursue his BS (Bachelor of Science) with a major in Nutrition and a minor in business administration; while studying there, he was in the ROTC (The Reserve Officer Training Corps) program there.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Nick Bare was born to Mike Bare and Linda Bare. He has a brother named Preston Bare.
Girlfriend & Wife
For a long time, he was dating the American YouTuber Stefany Banda. In December 2018, Stefany and Nick got engaged, and in March 2020, Stefany and Nick announced that they would be getting married in late 2020, on their social media accounts.
As an Army Officer
In May 2013, Nick joined the US Army as an Infantry Officer. He spent the first year of his service at Fort Benning, GA, where he completed his Infantry Officer Course, Ranger School, and Airborne School.
He was then posted as an Infantry Platoon Leader at Fort Hood in Texas.
Later, he was positioned at South Korea, where he spent most of his days developing his business. In 2017, Nick took his military retirement.
As an Entrepreneur
In his college days, he started making pre-workout supplements and began selling them to his collegemates. He took the loan offered up to $25,000 by the military associated bank USAA for ROTC cadets about to graduate; he used the loan to launch his company ‘Bare Performance Nutrition’ (BPN) in 2012. He started by working with a US-based manufacturer, who formulated, produced, and tested his first two products named Flight (pre-workout) and Intra-Flight (BCAAs). While serving the military, he started growing his social media presence, which helped in his business growth.
After he retired from the military in 2017, he turned his full attention to BPN, and within a short span, his brand became multiple seven-figure businesses, which scaled the sports nutrition and dietary supplement industry. Presently, BPN also markets shirts, shaker/water bottles, bags, gift cards, and duffel bags.
Later, Nick started the ‘Embrace the Suck’ Training Programs; the training programs consist of up to 12-weeks programs mimicking the training style of Nick.
In 2012, he created his YouTube channel, and in October 2014, he uploaded his first video titled ‘Full Day of Eating.’
His motive to start his channel was to market and advertise his brand. As of 2020, he has 536K people subscribed to his YouTube channel.
He created another channel called ‘Bare Performance Nutrition’ in 2015. He used the channel to upload his ‘Bare Performance Podcast.’ Nick not only used the channel for his podcasts but also to share the success story of BPN and the introduction of its products.
In 2020, Nick Bare turned author with his book ‘25 Hours a Day: Going One More to Get What You Want.’
- Food: Pizza, Burger, Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Bar: The Rustic Tap in Austin
- Ford Ranger Raptor
- BMW M4
- In his early teens, he was diagnosed with anorexia; he recovered from the disorder in his late teens. After his recovery, he became interested in health and fitness lifestyle and began going to his high school football gym to exercise with his friends. This led him to a healthy way of life and he decided to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nutrition.
- At the beginning of his business, he learned videography, photography, and social media marketing to promote his brand. Talking about it, he said,
When I arrived in Texas in early 2014 I decided to start my own social media platforms. Initially, I started by sharing workout and nutrition advice on YouTube but over time I started adding some military topics and behind the scenes of building Bare Performance Nutrition.”
- His company BPN’s motto is ‘Go One More.’ In the words of Nick,
GO ONE MORE is meant to push you beyond what you think your mind and body is capable of. It is not just something you apply once. It compounds. Push yourself daily to run a little further, train a little harder, learn a little more and over time those things compound to facilitate your progression forward.”
- In 2018, he contested the ‘Austin Marathon,’ an annual marathon held at Austin, Texas in which the runners from all 50 US states and 35 countries typically participate; he won a finisher medal at the event.
- In 2019, he contested the Ironman Triathlon (a series of long-distance races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation, which consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bicycle ride, and a 26.22-mile marathon run) and won a finisher medal.
- He was also preparing for the Boston Marathon 2020, but couldn’t participate in it because of the cancellation of the event due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Boston Marathon is the world’s oldest annual marathon and ranks as one of the world’s most prestigious road racing events.
- Bare like going skiing and does it once every year with his fiancée, Stephany.
- He loves dogs and owns three pet dogs; one of the dogs is named ‘Ry.’
- Nick Bare is often seen consuming alcohol alone or with his friends and family.
- Nick Bare has a tattoo on the back of his arm, a tattoo saying ‘Go One More’ on his wrist, and a tattoo of his surname on the side of his abdomen.