Natasza Urbańska is a popular Polish actress, singer, dancer, and TV presenter. She is the co-owner of a popular fashion brand, Muses.
Natasza Urbańska was born on Wednesday, August 17, 1977 (age 43 years; as in 2020), in Warsaw, Poland.
She did her high school graduation from VII High School. Słowacki (VII Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Juliusza Słowackiego w Warszawie), Poland. She enrolled for a bachelor’s degree in applied linguistics but dropped out in the third year of her graduation to pursue her passion for music. She took training in artistic gymnastics from the Legia Warsaw club where she trained under Irina Lortkipanidze.
Hair Color: Brown (dyed Blonde)
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Her father is Lieutenant Colonel Bolesław Urbański, and her mother’s name is Zofia Urbański. She has an elder sister, Magdalenę.
Husband & Children
She got married to the Polish director, choreographer, actor, and dancer Janusz Józefowicz on August 16, 2008.
The duo has a daughter, Kalinę (born in December 2008).
As an Actor
In 1993, she auditioned for the musical ‘Metro’ and got selected as a dancer. Much to her surprise, the actress who was going to play the lead role of ‘Anka’ could not make it to the show, which resulted in Natasha getting selected for the role; later, she got the role permanently.
Subsequently, she started assisting her husband Janusz in many theatrical productions, like ‘Piotruś Pan’ at Teatrze Muzycznym Roma, and ‘Romeo i Julia,’ ‘Panna Tutli Putli,’ and ‘Karuzela marzeń’ at Studio Buffo.
She has extensively worked for Studio Buffo, a prestigious theater in Poland, and has performed in several musicals in the theater. She made her film debut with the film ‘Sztos’ (1997) in an uncredited role, and made her television debut with the series ‘Television Theater’ (1998-2004) in the role of ‘Rosalina/Klementyna;’ she also worked as an assistant director and choreographer in the series.
She has also acted in the Polish films and television series, Battle of Warsaw 1920 (2011), 365 Days (2020), and Fala zbrodni (2005-07).
As a Singer
In 2007, Natasza released her first single, ‘I Like It Loud.’ She sang two songs from the Serbian band Balkanika’s album ‘Balkan Koncept’ in 2008. She released her first album, Hity Buffo vol. 1 – Natasza Urbanska, which debuted in 2009; she has released another album titled One (2014).
She became part of the project, Poland … Why Not? in 2009; the project aimed at bringing the focus of the world to Poland. Through the project, she released two singles – Love Stone Crazy, and All The Wrong Places; the music videos of the songs were directed by David Palmer and shot in Los Angeles.
She has participated in the singing reality shows- Jak oni śpiewają (2007; she was the first runner of the show) and SuperSTARcia’ (2014; she was the winner of the show). In 2009, she contested the dance reality show ‘Taniec z Gwiazdami.’ In the show, her partner was the Polish dancer Jan Kliment; they won second place in the show.
Apart from being a singer, dancer, and actress, she has also worked as a TV host; she hosted the talk show Szymon Majewski Show in 2008 and 2010. She has performed the song ‘Pour un Flirt’ of the film Podejrzani zakochani (2013).
Awards & Achievements
- Kobieca Marka Roku for Personality of the Year in 2019
- Międzynarodowy Festiwal Musicalowy w Daegu for The Best Musical Actress in 2017
- Recognized by the Home & Market magazine as one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Poland in 2008
- Węże (An Anti Award) for Worst Actress, Worst Couple (along with Borys Szyc), and Embarrassing Scene (for a machine gun scene) for the film ‘Battle of Warsaw 1920’ in 2012
- Listed as one of the 100 Most Valuable Stars of Polish Show Business in Forbes magazine in 2009 and 2010
- Plejada Top Ten 2014 – A song and stage star
- Wiktory 2009 – A song and Stage Star
- Viva! Najpiękniejsi for The most beautiful Polish Woman in 2008
Natasza resides with her husband and daughter in a house named ‘Emilin,’ situated in Jajkowice village near Grójec, Poland.
- In 1991, she auditioned for the musical ‘Metro’ but faced rejection as she was too young to be a theater artist. Two years later, she auditioned again for the musical and was selected.
- She has participated twice in Piosenka dla Europy, a preselection contest for Eurovision Song Contest, which is an international song competition.
- She co-owns a fashion house called Muses – Urbańska & Komornicka with the designer Agnieszka Komornicka. The brand’s first show was held in 2013. Later, the name of the brand was changed to ‘Muses.’
- In February 2010, Nina Andrycz, a veteran Polish actress presented Natasza with a pearl-studded necklace that was given to her years ago by former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog.