Megan Thee Stallion is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who is famous for her songs Big Ole Freak (2018), Hot Girl Summer (2019), and Savage Remix (2020), which were ranked among the top 10 music albums on the “Billboard 200” chart.
Megan Thee Stallion was born as Megan Jovon Ruth Pete The List on Wednesday, February 15, 1995 (27 years old, in 2022), in San Antonio, Texas. She is a Pisces. Megan spent her childhood in the South Park neighborhood of Houston. She first became interested in rapping after listening to her mother, Holly Thomas, who rapped under the name “Holly-Wood”. In an interview she said,
My mother is the first female rapper I know. I’m like, okay, yeah, that’s normal. Everyone does that.
Instead of putting Megan in daycare, Holly took Megan to recording sessions. At the studio, Holly thought her daughter was busy coloring books and watching TV, but Megan would carefully notice her mother’s work. In an interview she said,
Really, I was listening in the door, thinking, Yeah, uh-huh, I’ll do that too.
- Vibe Height: 5’ 10”
- Weight: 65 kg/ 143 lbs
- Body Measurements: 36-26-38
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
Family and Ethnicity
Parents, Brothers, and Sisters
Her mother, Holly Thomas, is a former rapper who also worked as Megan’s manager. She died in April 2019 from a brain tumor. Megan’s father Joseph Pete Jr. died in 2011 when she was fifteen. According to Megan, he was “a full-time hustler.”
Relationships, Spouses, and Children
During an Instagram live stream on February 19, 2021, Megan Thee Stallion opened up about her relationship with American singer and songwriter Pardison Fontaine. Billboard During the live stream, she shared her fans’ concerns over a heated argument between the two that went viral on the internet. She said,
I didn’t like what they were trying to say about Pardi. Because he is so calm and so sweet. And very, you know… He’s my man. And I love him… He’s so perfect and he would never do anything to hurt me, just to let you all know.
She attended Pearland High School, Texas, where she was crowned Miss Pearland in ninth grade. In 2013, while pursuing a degree in health care administration at Prairie View A&M University in Texas, The Things Megan rocked a college party with her raps, after which her friend encouraged her to start a YouTube channel. Afterward, she uploaded freestyle rap videos to YouTube, which caught the attention of her college classmates. Sharing this incident in an interview, she said:
So I freestyled to “Sho Nuff” by Tela, 8Ball & MJG, and everyone on campus saw it, and they were like, “Oh my God. Yeah. That’s it.
Although Megan Thee Stallion started rapping during her college days, a turning point in her career as a rapper came when a clip of Megan dominating her male opponents in a freestyle rap battle went viral on the internet. In 2017, she stood out with her song Stalli Freestyle.
After signing with 1501 Certified Entertainment in early 2018, a big career breakthrough came in November 2018 when she became the first female rapper to sign with 300 Entertainment. The same year, she shot to fame with her second stage play “Tina Snow,” which included the hit song “Big Ole Freak.”
In 2019, she shot to fame with the party song “Hot Girl Summer,” which featured popular American rapper-singers Nicki. Minaj and Ty Dolla sign. The song was a big hit and garnered 53 million views on YouTube.
Although a temporary restraining order was issued against the 1501 label, Megan released the extended track “Suga” on March 6, 2020. The EP included the song “Savage”, which went viral on the internet when the popular user from TikTok, Keara Wilson, used to create a dance challenge.
She made her digital debut in 2019 with the horror series “Hottieween” in which she played the role of a private detective chasing down a gang named “Fuccbois”.
- On July 12, 2020, popular Canadian rapper Tory Lanez was charged with carrying a concealed weapon in his vehicle. During his arrest in Hollywood Hills, police stopped his car and found Lanez was with Megan Thee Stallion, who had a foot injury. Earlier, Megan claimed that she injured her foot on broken glass but later revealed that she had gunshot wounds to her feet which she underwent surgery. Eventually, she accused Lanez of shooting her, stating:
I didn’t tell the police what happened immediately because I didn’t want to die.
Lanez declared all charges invalid, citing that he was framed by Megan’s public relations team. Another fact revealed by Megan is that Lanez and his team offered her money to keep the incident quiet. After Lanez was charged with assaulting Megan Thee Stallion, a restraining order was issued stating that Lanez must stay at least 100 yards away from Megan, and he was not allowed to contact her. Vulture
- In February 2021, Megan graced the cover of Harper’s Bazaar magazine wearing a sheer black Chanel cape, accessorized with Bulgari earrings on one cover, while in another she wore a black Saint Laurent top with a belt and a choker with a flower. Her appearance became a matter of debate as her fans claimed that she was photographed inaccurately as the photographer could not capture her complexion properly. LA Times
On Harper’s Bazaar magazine’s Instagram post, an anonymous user wrote a comment that read:
No, that’s not it – the photographer didn’t even know how to properly capture Megan’s skin.. in any of the photos. Hope he learned a lot.
Subsequently, photographer Collier Schorr shut down the debate via a tweet in which he wrote,
Did all that talk nonsense and come out Meg herself discussed each photo and did the editing in “total collaboration” with the photographer.
- Variety’s Hitmakers Award (2019) in the Breakthrough Artist category
- Powerhouse Award (2019) at Billboard Women in Music
- BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist (2019)
- Soul Train Music Award for Rhythm & Bars Award (2020) for song “Savage”
- People’s Choice Awards (2020) in the Collaboration Song of the Year category
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Video (2020) for the song “Savage”
- American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Song (2020)
Food: Chocolate, Hershey’s Almond Syrup
Film Series: The Chronicles of Narnia (2005)
Singer: Rihanna, Pimp C
Dance Move: twerking
TV Series: My Hero Academia (2016)
Facts / Anecdotes
- Megan Thee Stallion donated $15,400 worth of Thanksgiving turkeys to 1,050 households in need in November 2019.
- She became a global brand ambassador for the American multinational cosmetics company “Revlon” in August 2020.
- Megan’s successful career has not distracted her from completing her formal education, i.e. a degree in healthcare administration. She is determined to create assisted living facilities for the elderly in Houston, her hometown. In an interview she said,
I mean, my grandmother is almost 70 and my great-grandmother was around 87, so just watching her take care of her made me want to start a facility for older people elderly so that someone can help them with their end of life. -care for life…I want to give back; This is what I’m gonna do.
- During her teenage years, she was called Stallion, a southern slang used to refer to statuesque women, for being extraordinarily tall, which she later included in her stage name.