Matthew Stephen Smith is an American actor, writer, producer, model, and a landscape architect by profession. He grabbed international attention and recognition after making it into the dating series on Netflix called Too Hot to Handle.
Matthew Stephen Smith was born on Friday, February 2, 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Highlands Ranch, Denver, Colorado, USA.
In 2011, he shifted to Los Angeles, California. Matthew has studied Landscape Architecture.
Height (approx.): 6′5″
Eye color: Dark Brown
Hair color: Brown
Matthew is a landscape architect by profession. In 2014, he appeared on America’s Next Top Model.
It wasn’t the only show he has been a part of. He has also been to popular TV shows like Stitchers, Face Off, and The Young and the Restless. He also played a short role of Gino in an episode of New Girl.
Aside from his background television roles, Matthew has been working as a male model.
He has modeled and endorsed various brands like Thursday Boot Company and Rock Revival on their campaigns.
He is also the co-founder of DreamKatchers Enterprise, which is a multi-media company specializing in content creation and event planning.
He also owns and endorses his fashion brand called M8W. In 2019, he portrayed Jesus Christ in a short film called The Commissioning.
In 2020, he participated in a dating show called Too Hot to Handle. Matthew left the show on his own.
Family & Ethnicity
Matthew has a sister named Leah Buckingham.
- In the show, Too Hot to Handle, he and Kelz were nicknamed as ‘The Disciplinarians’ and ‘Sex Cops’ as they used to keep eyes on couples who tried to break the rules. For his looks, Matthew was also called ‘Jesus’ by his co-stars.
- He was also featured on the cover of Denver Life magazine.
- He likes skateboarding, traveling, shooting cool pics, and videos.
- He is a jack-in-all-trades and plays guitar as well.
View this post on Instagram
Please excuse my toothpick floss thing, I like to stay clean while I ring 😜 . I have a very long way to go before I’d consider myself a professional, or even good / great. BUT – I choose to continue playing, practicing, and sharing because it forces growth. It requires relentlessness, forces humility, and drives me. . I know what I am good at, and I know what im not good at! But choosing to work on the things I am not great at, will make me the best at the things I am good at. I cannot fail, because I will not quit! Since I will never quit, I will never fail. . Falling off the horse is not failing; choosing not to get back on the horse, THAT is failing. Failure is simply within the choice. . Choose not to fail!
- Besides, being a model/actor, he is also a writer and has written a book called Windy. in 2016. The book is available on Amazon.
- He has a lot of tattoos on his body that includes one on his chest, hands, neck, and arms.