Matt Carriker was born on Friday, October 24, 1986 (age 34 years; as of 2020), in Fredericksburg, Texas, US. In 1989, Matt moved with his family to Boerne, Texas.
He attended the College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texa, where he attained a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree. Matt Carriker – Instagram MuskOx
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Parents & Siblings
Matt was born to Dr. Lee Carricke (a veterinarian) and Pat Carriker. His brother Mark William Carriker, also a YouTuber, succumbed to cancer in March 2020.
His other brother is named Drew Carriker.
He also has a sister named Dr. Ali Thames.
Wife & Children
In high school, he met a girl named Meredith. They both began dating and graduated high school together. Meredith later became a part of his YouTube channel OffTheRanch. She is the owner of The Linc Boutique and LincActive online stores. In 2004, Matt and Meredith “Mere” Carriker took wedding vows.
Together, the couple is parents to a boy, Lincoln, and two girls, Adalyn and Annie.
In April 2007, Matt launched his YouTube channel ‘OffTheRanch’ in which he began posting videos of his personal life and animals. His first video titled ‘Dog versus Deer ORIGINAL’ was uploaded in 2009.
Later, the channel became famous after Matt began posting videos renovating abandoned houses, cars, and other things. The channel hosts more than 4 million subscribers (as of 2021). On January 3, 2011, still undergraduate, Matt Carriker opened his YouTube channel ‘DemolitionRanch’ due to his love for guns and began uploading videos on his channel. He uploaded his first video ‘SPAS-12 vs Computer Monitor (Franchi LAW-12)’ on the same day the channel was launched.
His increasing interest in YouTube affected his studies, making him fail the final exams in graduation. He decided to quit making videos for some time to focus on his studies, which would have allowed him to open his own vet clinic. After he graduated, he started uploading videos on his YouTube channel again as his subscribers count increased. As of June 2021, DemolitionRanch has over 10 million people subscribed to it.
On January 28, 2014, Matt opened his third YouTube channel ‘Vet Ranch,’ a channel where fellow veterinarians share their stories of how they treated animals. The first video on the channel titled ‘Janie, Hit By a Car (GRAPHIC)’ was released in February 2014. The channel has more than 2.50 million subscribers.
Since childhood, Matt was close to animals and felt for them because his father was a vet. After graduating, he opened a vet clinic in his hometown called Fair Oaks Ranch Veterinary, where Matt devotes 30 hours a week as a veterinarian, completing treatments and surgeries of animals.
Matt is also in partnership with the San Antonio Humane Society. Through his YouTube channel Vet Ranch, he has continued to bring awareness to the animals.
Matt’s brother Mark was a faithful Christian. When Mark baptized himself, he convinced his father and Matt to be baptized with him. Mark William Carriker Orbituary – Ebensberger Fisher Funeral Home Matt is a follower of Christianity and baptized his three children in 2021. Matt Carriker – Instagram
- Ford GT40
- Ford Raptor
- 2017 DF Goblin
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
- 2020 Ford Super Duty
- 2021 Chevy Suburban
Note: He has more cars and trucks than listed above. He has sold some of them.
- Gold Barrett M107A1
- Yeet Cannon G1
- Kel-Tec KS7
- Serbu BFG-50A
- ArmaLite AR-30A1
- Colt Python 357 Magnum
- Raging Hunter™ 44 Mag
- Big Boy X .357 Mag
- Desert Eagle
- M249 light machine gun
Note: Some selective guns are shown in the section. He has more weapons than the ones mentioned above.
- Growing up, Mark has liked cars, trucks, and guns.
- He is a fitness freak and works out with his wife every day.
- Matt is the owner of two dogs; one of them is named Lil Mama. He also had another dog named Dozer, who is dead.
- Matt Carriker’s fandom is called Demolitia.
- Matt’s fans fondly call him Dr. Matt, King of the DEMOLITIA!, and Dr. Demolition Matt. Matt Carriker – Instagram
- In 2015, he was featured in the episode ‘Demolition Ranch’ of the TV documentary ‘Somebody’s Gotta Do It.’
- In February 2019, the publication company 33rd Degrees Publishing LL published his book ‘The Subversion Threat.’
- In 2020, Matt made his acting debut with the lead role of ‘Lucas’ in the American film ‘Strain 100.’
- Matt has a clothing line called Demolitia/Demolition Ranch, which is manufactured by the screen printing and merchandising business company Bunker Branding.
- Matt has endorsed MuskOx, an outdoor clothing brand for wildlife adventurers, and has DemoRanch inspired collection in collaboration with the brand.