Madison Taylor Baez is an American actor and singer who is known for her portrayal of young Selena Quintanilla in Netflix’s “Selena: The Series” (2020).
Madison Taylor Baez was born on Thursday, February 24, 2011 (age 9 years; as of 2020), in Orange County, California.
She has attended the Molly Music School in Orange County to study music. Madison is also training under the singer-songwriter and vocal coach Heidi Rojas and training in acting from Gray Studios, an institute by the actor David Barry Gray.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
She is of Hispanic origin. Her father’s name is Chris Baez (manages Madison’s work) and her mother’s name is Mary Baez.
When Madison was three years of age, her father introduced her to music. Her father was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer when she was four years old. She spent her next few years learning music to make her father feel happy while he was going through surgeries and chemo treatments. When her father was hospitalized, she began learning songs from her father’s iTunes collection and sang them to him every day at his bedside. She then started performing at a few places in Orange County, and later, she began singing at charities, cancer and sports events, and local fairs and schools, all around California. She marked her first national stage performance when she renditioned the national anthem of the United States at stadiums and arenas in front of hundreds of thousands of fans for the LA Dodgers, LA Rams, LA Lakers, LA Kings, LA Galaxy, and Harlem Globetrotters. The audience liked her performance so much that she gained the title of America’s Anthem Girl. Tresa Magazine
She released her debut Christmas album ‘Blingle Bells’ in 2020.
In 2019, she made her acting debut with the American short film ‘The Tooth Racket’ in the role of a ‘girl.’
In 2020, she marked her television debut with the role of young Selena Quintanilla in the Netflix series ‘Selena: The Series.’
For the role of Selena in the series, she took help from her parents who were huge fans of the singer, and also watched the 1997 film ‘Selena.’ Talking about it, Selena said,
I watched the movie, I researched her, she’s one of my idols and she inspires me to follow my dreams. I also toured Corpus Christi, Texas, Selena’s hometown, and met a few members of the Quintanilla family. I watched all of Selena’s singing videos throughout her career, especially videos of her at my age. I learned to sing in Spanish, which was fun, as well as learn a little Texas accent. Getting into character the first time started when the stylist had to cut my long hair to my shoulders and gave me Young Selena’s hairstyle. I then put on the clothes from back in those days, and I remember standing and looking in the mirror and I was like WOW!! I’m Young Selena. It was a surreal moment.”
- Food: Cheeseburger, Chiki Cheese Fries, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- American Football Team: Los Angeles Rams
- Basketball Team: Los Angeles Lakers
- Baseball Team: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Singer(s): Bruno Mars, Freddie Mercury, Adele
- Song(s): ‘Bidi Bidi Bom Bom’ by Selena Quintanilla, ‘Respect’ by Aretha Franklin, ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackson 5
- Film: Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Subject: Maths
- Color: Blue
- She likes painting, playing football and soccer, cooking, and playing video games in her leisure time. Whenever she finds time, she also visits and hangs around with her friends.
- She loves dogs and owns two dogs named Jax and Oreo.
- Madison can play six musical instruments. However, she likes to play the piano and electric guitar more.
- She has also been featured in commercials for brands such as Fujifilm, McDonald’s, Chevrolet, and Walmart.
- She also has a Youtube channel. She posts covers of songs and has more than 800K subscribers on her channel.
- Madison had been listed in Hola Magazine as one of the top ten ‘Rising Latinx Stars under 25 gearing up to take over Hollywood.’
- Madison’s film ‘The Tooth Racket’ (2019) has won the best comedy award at the Hollywood Just 4 Shorts Festival.
- Madison has appeared on ABC’s comedy show ‘Kids Say The Darndest Things’ as a guest and performed Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ on the show. She has also appeared in other national television shows on The Good Day LA Show, !E Channel, Inside Edition, Telemundo, NBC4 California Live Show, NBC6 Florida In The Mix Show, CBS2, NBC4, FOX11, KTLA5, KCAL9, and ABC7 News Stations.