Łukasz Witt-Michałowski is a Polish theatre and film director and actor and boyfriend of the popular Polish actress Anna-Maria Sieklucka.
Łukasz Witt-Michałowskiw was born on Tuesday, October 8, 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019), in Lublin, Poland. He attended V LO im. Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie, Lublin, and studied acting from AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Kraków, Poland. He completed his graduation in theatre direction from Hessische Theaterakademie in Frankfurt am Main, Germany in 2004.
Height (approx.): 6′ 5″
Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Blonde
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
He has a sister named Monika Makuch and also has a son.
He is in a relationship with Anna-Maria Sieklucka.
As a Director
When he was in Germany, he worked with the famous Polish playwrights and dramatists- Sławomir Mrożek, Witold Gombrowicz, and Villguista. In 2005, he staged his first play Tangen Theatr Stanisława Ignacego Witkiewicza in Zakopane. He has directed plays such as Pustynia Tankreda Dorsta (2005), Pool (2008), Zły scenariusz: Dariusz Jeż (2009), Głód Knuta Hamsuna (2010), Aporia 43 Artura Pałygi (2012), Liza wg F. Dostojewskiego (2013), Tata ma kota Szymona Bogacza (2015), Ponowne Zjednoczenie Korei Joëla Pommerata (2017), Przepis na Cohena (2019), Gliny z innej gliny I (2020), and Gliny z innej gliny II (2020). In 2007, he directed and wrote the play Lubelskiej Sceny InVitro, which is one of his most famous plays.
His television debut as a director came with the series Television Theatre in 2011.
As an Actor
He made his films debut as ‘Tymkiewicz’ in Syzyfowe Prace (2000); he marked his television debut with the series of the same name and played the character of ‘Tymkiewicz’ from 1998 to 2000.
Awards & Honors
- Nagroda Artystyczna Prezydenta Miasta Lublina for the play Pogrom w przyszły wtorek in 2018
- Nagroda Prezydenta Miasta Lublin for Promoting Culture in 2010
- Indywidualna nagroda for direction and for registration by TVP Kultura XV National Contest for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art appointed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Poland in 2009
- Nagroda za spektakl for direction, songwriting and authoring music of the play Ostatni taki ojciec in 2009
- Złota Odznaka Ministra Sprawiedliwości for zasługi w pracy penitencjarnej for the project Teatr Pod celą 2009
- Indywidualna nagroda for direction at 15th edition of the Polish National Competition for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art for the play Ostatni taki ojciec in 2009
- Nagroda Prezydenta Miasta Lublin for Promoting Culture in 2009
- Anioł Publiczności for the play “Kamienie w kieszeniach” in 2008
- Grand Prix Publiczności at 42nd Review of KONTRAPUNKT Small Form Theaters in Szczecin for the play “Kamienie w kieszeniach” in 2007
- Book: Ma być czysto by Anna Cieplak
- Singer: Leonard Cohen
- Song: First We Take Manhattan by Leonard Cohen
- In his leisure time, he likes to read, sing, listen to music, play football, and travel.
- He is a scholar of the organization for students with outstanding capacities and scientific achievements called Carl zum Aufgehenden Licht in Frankfurt am Main.
- His girlfriend, Anna, is 18 years older than him. The couple met for the first time at AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Wrocław when Anna was still a student. They both have worked together in numerous theatre productions.
- He is polyglot and is fluent in Polish, Russian, English, and German languages.