Lidya Jewett is an American actress who is known for her performance in the films- Hidden Figures (2016), Black Panther (2018), and The Darkest Minds (2018), and TV series- Grey’s Anatomy (2019) and Good Girls (2018-2020).
Lidya Jewett was born on Friday, January 19, 2007 (age 13 years; as in 2020) near the Ethiopia-Sudan border in Ethiopia. At the age of four, she was adopted out of an orphanage in Addis Ababa and came to America.
From a very young age, she was good at academics; she loved science and mathematics and had also learned to speak English before she went to kindergarten. Later, her family shifted their base to Los Angeles, becoming bicoastal.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
She has an elder sister named Isabelle Jewett, and two elder brothers named Connor Jewett (a soldier in the U.S. Army) and Maclain Jewett.
Lidya started her career by doing TV commercials and print advertisements in Miami. She made her acting debut with the 2015 television series See Dad Run in the role of ‘Lidya.’
She got a break in the television series WITS Academy (2015) in the role of ‘Gracie Walker.’
She has also acted in the TV series- Grey’s Anatomy (2019), Jamall & Gerald (2019), and Good Girls (2018-19). She made her film debut with the role of young ‘Katherine Coleman’ in Hidden Figures (2016).
She has also acted in the films: Wonder (2017), Black Panther (2018), The Darkest Minds (2018), and Feel the Beat (2020).
- Beverage: Coffee
- Actor: Asante Black
- Bands: BTS, Blackpink
- Singer: Alec Benjamin
- TV Personality: Ellen DeGeneres
- TV Show: Friends series
- Film: Harry Potter series
- Songs: Idol by BTS, In My Blood by Shawn Mendes
- Musical: Hamilton by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Book: Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- In her leisure time, she likes reading, watching makeup tutorials, singing, practicing her photography skills, and using her microscope.
- Apart from acting, she is also interested in singing. She gave her first major live on-stage performance when she sang at Grove for the Salvation Army’s annual Red Kettel Holiday event.
- She often indulges in social works and helps communities by packing relief meals for FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), reading books to young children, and sponsoring an orphan girl in Uganda by providing for her education.
- Her team won the Gracie Award for Ensemble Cast for their performance in the TV series ‘Good Girls’ in 2019.
- She has a phobia of frogs.
- It was Lidya’s elder sister, Isabella, who encouraged her to become an actress. Talking about it, she said,
When I was 5, we would be stopped by strangers out in public and they would urge us to look into modeling. This was happening repeatedly and my sister said if one more person stopped us then we had to look into it. Sure enough, the next person was a waitress and she said I would be in commercials.So we looked into it. I started with print modeling and commercials in the Miami area. At the shoots, production crew would pull my mom aside and tell her she needed to direct me to “on camera” and doors began to open and that led me to my current manager and team here in Los Angeles.”
- Lidya is also a motivational speaker and encourages teens who want to pursue careers in acting and S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).