Leonie Hanne is a German fashion influencer, blogger, model, and social media entrepreneur.
Leonie Hanne was born on Sunday, July 31, 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021), in Hamburg, Germany.
She has three degrees in business, fashion, and textile management from HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration. L’Officiel Arabia
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Her mother is an English teacher. She has two sisters.
She is in a relationship with her business partner, Alexander Galievsky. The couple split their time into their apartments in Hamburg and London.
She used to work for Otto GmbH, a German mail-order company, as a strategy consultant doing supply chain management in Hong Kong. In 2014, she quit her job as a strategy consultant to launch her travel and lifestyle blog, Ohh Couture. She built her business with photographer and former financer Alexander Galievsky, who was in charge of photography from the beginning. She traveled around the world with Alexander and captured visual stories for fashion, beauty, and travel brands, sharing her passion for lifestyle and wanderlust with her millions of followers around the world.
As a fashion influencer, she has amassed more than 3.5 million followers on Instagram. With Alexander, she collaborated with fashion brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, Cartier, BVLGARI, and Tory Burch.
She fronted the global campaigns for Louis Vuitton, La Mer, Pandora, and Tommy Hilfiger and partnered with Fendi, Swarovski, Givenchy, Chloé, Net-A-Porter, H&M, and Sarenza.
Represented by Storm Management, Lionne walked the ramp for Rebecca Minkoff during New York Fashion Week 2020. She has written features for Vogue Germany, ELLE Russia, and Marie Claire UK. She has appeared on the cover of magazines like MINE, Arcadia, Velvet, Gala Style, L’Officiel Arabia, and Cosmopolitan Germany.
She teamed up with Ideal of Sweden to create a line of iPhone cases called ‘Un hommage à Paris.’
She has designed her own Dirndl collection and shot the entire lookbook.
She has also produced a swimwear and resort campaign in Positano with Alexandar.
Awards & Achievements
- PLACE TO B AWARD 2017 in Travel Category
- Named one of the most influential fashion trendsetters of 2020 by leading industry partners Lyst and Launchmetrics
Leonie with her boyfriend owns an apartment in Notting Hill, London, and Hamburg.
- Food: Açaí Bowls
- Fruit: Açaí
- Beverage: Coffee, Tea
- Travel Destination(s): Japan, Brazil, Amalfi Coast in Italy
- Fashion Brand(s): Chanel, Zara, Hermès, Marc Cain GmbH, Givenchy
- Film: Clueless (1995)
- TV Series: Sex and the City (1998)
- Food Writer: Ella Woodward
- Department Store: Harvey Nichols
- Leonie is an ambassador for amfAR, a non-profit foundation for support of AIDS research.
- Hanne’s morning ritual includes drinking coffee or tea and listening to a meditation session while getting ready. Talking about meditation in an interview, Hanne said,
I am a big fan of meditation and use the “Calm” app every day for a dose of “Daily Calm”. I can warmly recommend the app.”
- She is a vegan. Sheerluxe She has endorsed and wore clothing brands that promote veganism like Stella McCartney and Nanushka.
- She wanted to be a fashion model since she was a teen. Talking about it in an interview, she said,
As a teenager, I bought so many fashion magazines and spent hours flicking through them, admiring all the luxury items and editorials. I always dreamed of modelling for them one day but never imagined I’d actually do it, let alone appear on the cover. It was such a pinch-me moment and I’ll never take that for granted.”
- She tried out to be a model in her teens. She even visited some modeling agencies when a scout approached her on the street. Being shy at that time, she couldn’t become one. Talking about her transition from shy to a confident woman, she said,
I was way too shy to be a model. In the meantime I have learned to be more outgoing and to push myself out of my comfort zone: that is necessary if you want to grow.”
- She is a fitness enthusiast but does not visit the gym. Instead, she likes to do short workouts at her home. In an interview, she said,
Honestly, I’m absolutely not a gym goer. When I do a workout, I like to do it privately at home. I prefer to do short workouts such as a 10-minute dance workout or abs. I particularly like Megan from The Sculpt Society.”
References [ + ]