The French actor Karim Leklou is known for his roles in A Prophet (2009), The World is Yours (2018), and Heatwave (2015).
Karim Leklou was born on June 20, 1982, (Sunday) in Sèvres (Île-de-France). He is 40 years old as of 2022 and his zodiac sign is Gemini. He was a cinephile as a child. Over the next few years, he did odd jobs and landed a role in A Prophet (2009.)
- Eye color: Black
- Hair color: Brown
His first film role was in the film A Prophet by Jacques Audiard.
In 2011, he appeared in two films presented at the Cannes Film Festival, Les Géants by Bouli Lanners and La Source des Femmes by Radu Mihaileanu. Having a repertoire of such performances allows him to make himself known in his field and then to fall into roles, with a preference for auteur cinema.
Marseille la Nuit, the medium-length film in which he plays the main role, earned him acting prizes at the international festivals of Angers and Pantin.
He then appeared in Les Anarchistes by Élie Wajeman, presented at Critics’ Week during the Cannes Film Festival, as well as Sous X by Jean-Michel Correia.
In 2015, he played the main role in the film Coup de Chaud by Raphaël Jacoulot. His interpretation earned him first place at the César for best hope at the Turin Festival, as well as the prize for male interpretation.
As part of the Un Certain Regard section in 2016, he screened Voir du pays, the Coulin sisters at the Cannes Film Festival, and Mend the Living by Katell Quillévéré in the Orizzonti section at the Venice Film Festival. Throughout 2018, he made himself known to the general public through two projects. He first played the title role in Le Monde est à toi, the second feature film by Romain Gavras. “A young talent that counts” is what Le Figaro describes him for his performance in this feature film.
He was one of the four protagonists of the new television series Hippocrates, which tells the life of young Parisian medical interns, and premiered in November. There are three partners: Louise Bourgoin, Alice Belaïdi and Zacharie Chasseriaud. Following his role in this Canal + production, he was named best actor in a series by the Association of Series Critics in 2019.
The 2021 Cannes Film Festival saw him present two films: BAC Nord by Cédric Jimenez and Un monde by Laura Wandel; the latter received the International Critics’ Prize in the Un Certain Regard category.
- 2011: Talents Cannes Adami on the occasion of the presentation of the films Les Géants and La Source des femmes at the Cannes Film Festival
- 2013: Best actor award at the Premiers Plans Festival in Angers for Marseille at Marie Monge’s night
- 2013: Prize for male interpretation at the Côté court festival in Pantin for Marseille at the night of Marie Monge
- 2015: Best Actor Award at the 33rd Turin International Film Festival for Hot Shot by Raphaël Jacoulot
- 2016: Pre-nomination for the César Award for Best Male Newcomer, for Coup de Chaud by Raphaël Jacoulot
- 2019: Best Actor Award for the Series Critics Association for his role in Hippocrates
- 2019: Nomination for the César Award for Most Promising Actor, for Le Monde est à toi by Romain Gavras
- 2019: Swann d’or for the male revelation of the year at the Cabourg festival for Le Monde est à toi by Romain Gavras
Facts / Anecdotes
- His favorite treats are sweets.
- It’s no secret that he is a big fan of the French football team.
- His first post on Instagram was on 4 June 2017. It was a picture of Zidane with the caption “superman,batman…et ZIDANE!”