Jennifer Katharine Gates is the first daughter of Bill Gates, the on and off richest person of the world and Co-founder of the world’s largest personal-computer software company “Microsoft Corporation”. Jennifer has majored in human biology and is also a passionate equestrian.
Jennifer Gates was born on April 26, 1996, in Bellevue, Washington, United States. She attended Lakeside School in Seattle, Washington, the same school her father Bill Gates went to. After completing high school, she majored in human biology from Stanford University, California. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth but, lives quite a normal life than one would anticipate her to. Jennifer is an equestrian, who has an immense fondness for horses. She competes internationally at the “Grand Prix level”. Furthermore, just like her father, she loves reading books. Apart from that, she is also a hodophile, who loves to travel to different places, with Australia being one of her favorites.
Height (approx): 5’7″
Family & Husband
The identity of Jennifer’s billionaire father Bill Gates, AKA “William Henry Gates III” is well-known to almost every person on the planet. Her mother “Melinda Gates” is an American humanitarian and a former general manager of Microsoft Corporation. Jennifer has two younger siblings, brother Rory John Gates (born on May 23, 1999) and sister Phoebe Adele Gates (born on September 14, 2002).
Jennifer Gates got engaged to the Egyptian Show Jumper Nayel Nassar in January 2020; after dating him for 3 years. The couple shared the news on their respective Instagram accounts on January 29, 2020. Nayel Nassar (aged 29 in January 2020) was born in Chicago, Illinois and was raised in Kuwait. Nasar also graduated from Stanford University, California, in 2013, with a degree in economics. In October 2019, Nayel Nassar helped Egypt in equestrian qualification for the Tokyo Olympics 2020, which is indeed the first time in 60 years. Nassar’s parents Iman Harby and Fouad Nassar own an architecture firm in Kuwait.
As a kid, Jennifer Gates tried different sports and being an animal lover, she subsequently developed an interest in horse riding. When she was 14, she realized that she should really focus to train and compete internationally. Now, Jennifer competes internationally at the Grand Prix level. She has several times bagged a position in the top 10 in some of the most reputed equestrian competitions in the world. She was also the USEF U25 Champion in 2017.
Her periodic career as an equestrian though has been quite prominent but she has had her plans otherwise. In an interview, she stated “I enjoy staying busy and pursuing things that I love. Horses will always be part of my life, but the medical school will be my priority”. Jennifer has aspired to become a physician. After taking time off from her studies, in August 2019, Gates resumed her studies in the medical field at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) in New York City, where she wishes to specialize in pediatrics. “I’m really interested in children’s well being, especially here in the United States. “I find that fascinating,” she told the Horse Network in an interview.
Achievements as an Equestrian
- 6th place on Monaco – $135,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Las Vegas CSI 4*
- 3rd place on Luftikus S – $25,000 GGT Footing Grand Prix Series Final National Grand Prix
- 3rd place on Monaco – Brussels Stephex Masters 1.45m Table A in Two Rounds CSI 3*
- 2nd place on Pumped Up Kicks – Longines FEI Nations Cup of Mexico CSI 5*
- 5th place on Dolinn – Bonheiden International Horse Show 1.45m CSI 3*
- 1st place on Alex – $100,000 USEF U25 National Championship 2017
- 6th place on Dolinn – Columbus CSI3* World Cup
- 2nd place on Alex – Calgary CSI5* 1.50m
- 3rd place on Capital Colnardo – Calgary CSI5* 1.60m
- Jennifer K Gates will inherit just a small amount of his father’s $96.5 Billion wealth. Bill Gates has said his children will only get a “minuscule portion” of his fortune and the rest will be funded for charity purposes. The Billionaire wants his children to pave their own path in life.
- Jennifer was refrained from owning a cell-phone until the age of 14. Even being a tech titan, Bill Gates still raised his daughter Jennifer Gates and his two other children tech-free.
- Jennifer Gates is a bibliophile and loves reading books of different genres.
- Apart from being an equestrian, Jennifer Gates is an aspiring pediatrician (child health care specialist).
- Being an athlete, she keeps herself involved in fitness activities.
- Gates and her husband-to-be Nayel Nassar together own a dog named “Earl”. Instagram
References [ + ]