Hunter Doohan is an American actor and writer. He is known for his performance in the American film Soundwave (2018) and television series Truth Be Told (2019) and Your Honor (2020).
Hunter Haven Doohan Voter Records was born on Wednesday, January 19, 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Fort Smith, Arkansas, US, growing up in the southern parts of America including Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas.
Acting intrigued him since childhood. In high school, he began performing at a local community theater and spent most of his time until graduation at the drama department of his school. After graduation, he moved to Los Angeles. Initially, he wanted to pursue a BFA in theater from Oklahoma City University, instead, he interned with a casting director named Elizabeth Barnes during the summer after his high school in Los Angeles. He then decided to take a stay from college, searching for a manager for himself. For the next four years, he did his day jobs while pursuing a two-year acting program in Santa Monica and attending acting classes. The Film Frenzy
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Color: Light Golden Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Peter Doohan (tennis professional and coach who worked at ATP Tour), and he passed away due to complications from ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) in 2017. His mother, Angie Harper Carmichael, is a Weight Loss Consultant at Metabolic Research Center. He has an older brother named John Doohan (Ozark Tennis Academy).
Relationships and Husband
On December 31, 2020, he exchanged rings with a man named Fielder Jewett.
In 2012, he made his film debut with the American short ‘Lost Pursuit’ in the role of ‘Dreamer.’
He acted in the short films Grace (2013), It’s Supposed to be Healthy (2015), Mosh Opera (2016), After You’ve Gone (2016), Far from the Tree (2017), and Dirty Bomb (2018). In 2016, he made his feature debut with the American film ‘Coffee House Chronicles: The Movie’ (2016) in which he played the role of ‘Owen.’
He also acted in lead roles in the American films Soundwave (2018) and Where We Disappear (2019).
In 2015, Hunter made his television debut with the film ‘The Other Client List’ in the role of ‘Lemonade Man.’
He then acted in the American series Coffee House Chronicles (2015), Westworld (2018), Schooled (2019), Aware I’m Rare (2019), and What/If (2019). In 2019, he played his first significant TV role of the teenage version of ‘Warren Cave’ in the American TV series ‘Truth Be Told.’
Hunter appeared in his breakthrough role as the lead (Adam Desiato) in the Showtime miniseries ‘Your Honor’ (2020).
When he started his acting career, he searched for good opportunities but couldn’t get one. To make himself a career in acting, he starting creating his own work in form of short films. According to him,
My acting reel was made up of that. So that’s where the interest came from. A lot of what I’ve written has been coming-of-age dramedies.”
In 2015, he turned writer and producer with the short ‘It’s Supposed to be Healthy.’ In 2016, he produced the short ‘After You’ve Gone,’ which was also his directorial debut.
He also directed the short ‘Far from the Tree’ (2017).
- Actor(s): Bryan Cranston, Donald Glover, Timothèe Chalamet
- Actress(s): Michaela Coel, Zendaya, Anya Taylor- Joy
- TV Show(s): Breaking Bad (2008), Euphoria (2019), The Queen’s Gambit (2020)
- Writer: Diablo Cody
- In March 2017, he founded a company called Hunter Doohan, Inc., situated in Burbank, California.
- In 2019, he won the Best Actor award at Northern Virginia International Film and Music Festival for his performance in the film Soundwave (2018).
- In 2020, Hunter signed with United Talent Agency (UTA), which has represented high-profile personalities like Johnny Depp, Jim Carrey, and Dave Chappelle.
- In an interview, Hunter expressed his desire to learn the guitar. According to him, in his life, he has tried to learn the guitar probably five times but failed.
- Ever since the death of his father, he has indulged himself in philanthropic activities with organizations working for the people living with ALS and their families. He is associated with ALS Association Golden West Chapter, a social service organization in Los Angeles, and also makes donations and volunteers for Team Gleason in New Orleans.
- He loves cats and has a pet cat.