Hannah Bagshawe is an English public relations executive who is well known for being the wife of the Oscar award-winning English actor Eddie Redmayne.
Hannah Bagshawe was born on Tuesday, November 30, 1982 (age 39 years; as of 2021), and she hails from London, England. After attending a boarding school in Windsor, England, she enrolled herself at The University of Edinburgh. The Sun
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Dark Blonde
Eye Colour: Dark Grey
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Hannah Bagshawe’s father’s name is Nicholas Bagshawe, and her mother’s name is Caryl Bagshawe.
Husband & Children
Hannah Bagshawe is married to the celebrated English actor Eddie Redmayne, who is well known for starring in the British-American films Les Misérables (2012), The Theory of Everything (2014), and The Danish Girl (2015). The couple made the acquaintance when Eddie was attending Eton College, and Hannah was attending a neighboring boarding school for girls. During her school days, Hannah and her classmates organized a fashion show for charity for which Eddie volunteered to walk the runway topless. Their 12-year-long friendship eventually turned into a romantic relationship when Eddie invited her on a trip to Florence in Italy while he was shooting for the film Les Miserables (2012). On December 15, 2014, the couple tied the knot in a small and intimate candlelit ceremony at the Babington House in Somerset, England.
Together, they have two children, a daughter, Iris Mary Redmayne (born in June 2016), and a son, Luke Richard Bagshawe Redmayne (born in March 2018).
Hannah Bagshawe works as a public relations executive. Apart from that, she is also the publicist for her celebrity husband. Reportedly, she used to work for a prestigious antique dealer, but later, she established her own business to have a flexible schedule, which enables her to accompany her husband on his travels.
- At The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2015, Eddie revealed that Hannah was unpunctual, and she was late to her own wedding. Eddie said,
She has never been on time for anything in her life…she was a good half-hour late…Everyone else was really stressed, but I was kind of relaxed knowing that she’d never been on time for pretty much anything in her life.”
- In an interview, Eddie revealed that Hannah often tries to keep him grounded, and once, while he was doing a rehearsal Hannah reminded him of his household duties. Eddie said,
There was a moment yesterday where I was in rehearsal and my wife was calling me because our dishwasher broke down…So in the process of trying to focus on my craft, I was dealing with the blocked pipes.”
- Being color blind, Eddie relies on his wife, Hannah Bagshawe, for picking his outfits. While praising her wife in an interview, he said,
I have a very wonderful stylist in the form of my wife I’m colour blind, so occasionally I’ll go for things that are slightly outlandish and she’ll temper me back into the world of taste.”
- In 2020, Hello! magazine reported that Bagshawe and Redmayne had spent time with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, at their home in Oxfordshire. Apparently, they are considered a part of Duke and Duchess’ circle of friends. The magazine also reported that Eddie Redmayne used to play football with Prince William during his college days at Eton.
- Hannah and Eddie bonded over their mutual fondness for art and theatre. In an interview, Eddie revealed,
I saw Hannah across the room at a party afterwards, and she was very beautiful and very funny, and she loves the arts and theatre just as I do, so we became friends.”
- Alexander McQueen and Valentino are her favorite clothing brands.
- Unlike most celebrity wives who enjoy the limelight, Hannah Bagshawe prefers living a low-key life and isn’t active on any social media platforms.