Gabriel Chavarria is an American actor. He is known for his performance in the American television series ‘East Los High’ (2013) and ‘The Purge’ (2018).
Gabriel Chavarria was born on Saturday, April 29, 1989 (age 31 years; as of 2020), in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was brought up in Los Angeles, California. Belonging to an immigrant family, he grew up in Section 8 housing, shifting from one housing project to another. While living in the housing project, he spent his childhood living with the Black and Hispanic communities. He is an alumnus of John Marshall High School, Los Angeles.
Height IMDb: 5′ 7½”
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
He was born to Honduran immigrants. NY Post
Parents & Siblings
His father is a former professional football player. He has eleven siblings; eight of his brothers are named Ben, Eli, Jeremy, Jay, Usica, Jerry, Jesus, and Daniel. In an interview, talking about his parents’ migration to the States, he said,
They gave up everything they had to come to a place they knew very little about for us. When my parents made their journey to the U.S, they came with seven of my older siblings. At the time, my mother was pregnant with baby number eight. Yes, that sounds crazy. (And, yes, the book on that story is on its way.) No matter what happened, my parents did everything together — as a family.”
Relationships, Wife & Children
He is in a relationship with a Mexican woman named Arena Moreno. on December 2, 2020, he announced that he and his girlfriend were expecting their child.
Initially, he had no plans of becoming an actor. When he was playing basketball at a local recreational park, he stumbled upon the auditions for the American film ‘Freedom Fighters,’ which were taking place at the park at that time; he was sixteen at that time. One of his brothers, who was with him at that time, asked him to audition. After a month-long process, he passed all the auditions and made his debut as ‘Tito’ in the film ‘Freedom Fighters’ in 2007.
He then appeared in the films: A Better Life (2011) and Teacher of the Year (2014). He played the lead character ‘Daniel “Danny” Alvarez’ in Lowriders (2016).
He has also appeared in the films: War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) and Hunter Killer (2018). He has also acted in short films; his debut short film was ‘Fallen Comrade’ (2012) in which he appeared as ‘Private Sedano.’ He has also acted in the short films: The Fight (2012), Irene (2012), Sins of the Father (2014), and Los (2015).
In 2009, he made his television debut with the series ‘Southland’ in the role of ‘Li’l Wino.’
In 2012, he played the lead character ‘Anthony Maldonado’ in the television series ‘Chris/tina.’
He has also acted in the TV series Prime Suspect (2011), East Los High (2013-17), Major Crimes (2013), Aquarius (2015), The Purge (2018), and Selena: the Series (2020).
- Football Player: Diego Maradona
- Basketball Player: Kobe Bryant
- Actor: Bill Paxton
- Film: True Lies (1994)
- Telenovela: El clon (2010)
- Initially, Gabriel wanted to be a soccer player. When he was thirteen, he was chosen for the Olympic Development Program and was invited to play in tournaments across the U.S., Spain, and England.
- He is indulged with West Coast Elite FC, a soccer club that was founded by Gabriel and one of his brothers. In association with the club, Gabriel has developed players and teams, which travel all across the US and Europe and compete in various tournaments.
- He is passionate about music. His passion for music led him to establish his independent music label ‘G & B Music Group.’
- He owns a BMW car and an off-road bike.
- He is a caninophile and owns a pet dog.
References [ + ]