Eleanor Calder is an English model, social media influencer, fashion blogger, and entrepreneur who came into the spotlight after dating the renowned English singer-songwriter Louis Tomlinson.
Eleanor Calder was born on Thursday, July 16, 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2021), and she hails from London in England.
She graduated from The University of Manchester, England, where she majored in political and social sciences. Teen Vogue
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel Brown
Eleanor Calder’s father’s name is Philip Calder, and her mother’s name is Deborah Calder.
In November 2011, she started dating the English singer and songwriter Louis Tomlinson, who rose to fame as a member of the boy band One Direction. Louis met Eleanor Calder during her university days after a friend of his bandmate Harry Styles set them up on a date. Reportedly, the couple split ways in March 2015. In an interview in 2015, one of Louis Tomlinson’s friends said,
Louis is really upset about it all…They tried really hard to make it work but it was just impossible – he’s away for nine months a year and they just grew apart.”
In January 2016, Louis Tomlinson fathered a son, Freddie Reign, with the stylist Briana Jungwirth. He was also in a relationship with the American actress Danielle Campbell from November 2015 to December 2016. In 2017, he rekindled his relationship with Eleanor Calder.
She gained prominence as a style icon for teenage girls when she started flaunting her fashion sense on various social media accounts during her university days. By the age of 21, she had over three million followers on Twitter and over one million followers on Instagram. She was also ranked 27th in the list of Britain’s most influential tweeters. Her popularity led her fans to create numerous Tumblr accounts dedicated to finding the exact clothing items that Calder dressed in, putting up tutorials on how to style hair like Calder, contemplating her makeup, etc. She earned a loyal fanbase who started referring to themselves as Calderics. Eleanor seized the opportunity and turned her personal passion into a blog called “The Trend Pear,” along with her friend Max Hurd. While talking about her collaboration with Hurd, Eleanor said,
We used to entertain the idea [of a blog] while we were still at university together…We’d often turn up to lectures together in very similar outfits, or our outfits would complement each other.”
Eleanor already had a huge social media following, and soon, Max had one too. In an interview, Eleanor revealed that the primary reason behind her collaboration with Max was that she felt shy being alone in front of the camera. In an interview, she said,
We started taking pictures together because I wasn’t that comfortable being in front of the camera on my own — I always wanted Max in it as well…As we started doing pictures together, we just saw it looked a lot better, and then we thought the concept would be interesting if we did the male and female perspective on current trends and how we both wear similar clothes differently.”
“The Trend Pear” led Max and Eleanor to attend prestigious fashion events like New York Fashion Week and the Elle Style Awards. In 2017, they ceased their blog. Thereafter, she started to work as an assistant stylist. In 2021, she was credited by The Guardian for styling the popular American actor Rami Malek for an interview.
- In March 2016, Eleanor Calder fiercely defended her friend Sophia Smith after Joshua Fox, a journalist for Now Magazine, allegedly tried to fabricate an interview with Sophia. Sophia Smith is known for dating Liam Payne, an English singer-songwriter and a member of the boy band One Direction. Apparently, Now magazine claimed that it interviewed Sophia Smith about Liam Payne’s new rumored relationship. Eleanor Calder accused the Now Magazine’s journalist of forging a false article by posting a comment on the journalist’s Instagram post, which read, Hollywire’s YouTube Channel
Wow I know you write for a trashy magazine now but shocked and embarrassed for you that you made that up.”
Another comment by Eleanor read,
You and I both know that’s a load of shit and she doesn’t deserve for you to spread lies about her and/or her situation, It’s shame cause you used to be cool…massive fuck for you that Joshua! You’re a prick.”
- In May 2018, exclusive footage featuring Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder went viral over the internet. In the video, Louis engaged in a fight with a paparazzi when he refused to stop taking pictures of the singer and his girlfriend Eleanor Calder while they were returning from a vacation. Apparently, Tomlinson was returning to Los Angeles from Las Vegas, where he had reunited with his ex-girlfriend Calder, following their breakup in 2015. During the brawl, Louis flipped the photographer onto his back. Meanwhile, Calder too got caught up in a squabble fighting with two fans, who were, reportedly at the Los Angeles International Airport, to meet
the couple. Therefore, after dealing with his own scuffle, Louis proceeded to break the fight between his girlfriend and a female fan. The nasty quarrel led to Louis’ arrest by Los Angeles police. Radar Online
- She occasionally enjoys alcoholic beverages. Eleanor’s Instagram
- Eleanor Calder is an occasional smoker.
- On Eleanor’s 20th birthday, she received a personalized video message from the celebrated Barbadian singer Rihanna singing happy birthday.
- She is an avid dog lover who posts various pictures posing with her pet Golden Doodle dog named Bruce on her Instagram account.
- In 2017, Eleanor Calder appeared as one of the bridesmaids at Louis’ mother’s wedding. The event grabbed massive attention as it indicated that the couple was in a serious relationship.
- Eleanor Calder has various tattoos inked on her body, including a cross on her left wrist, an elephant on her right wrist, a feather on her right forearm, a heart on the back of her left hand, an arrow on her wrist, and an initial on her knuckle.
References [ + ]