Dacre Montgomery is an Australian actor who became famous after playing the role of ‘Billy Hargrove’ in the famous American TV series ‘Stranger Things’ (2017-19).
Dacre Montgomery was born on Tuesday, November 22, 1994 (age 26 years; as in 2020), in Perth, Western Australia, as ‘Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey.’ He studied at Mount Lawley Senior High School, Perth. During his secondary schooling, he took Dramatic Arts as his subject. In 2015, he graduated with a degree in acting from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) at Edith Cowan University.
IMDb Height: 5’ 10”
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Dacre Montgomery’s mother, Judith Barrett-Lennard, is a Canadian, and father, Scott Montgomery-Harvey, is a New Zealander. In the 90s, his parents worked at WAAPA where his mother was a broadcaster, and his father was a lecturer at the sound department. His parents also worked as the crew members of the TV and film industry of Australia. He has a younger sister, Saskia.
In March 2018, he started dating the model Liv Pollock, and the couple has been together since then.
As an Actor
He began working as a screen and theatre artist at the age of nine. In 2011, he made his acting debut with the role of ‘Will’ in the Australian TV short, ‘The Family Tree Pilot Trailor.’
He then acted in the short films, Betrand the Terrible (2011), Tryptophan (2015), and Godot’s Clinic (2015). In 2016, he made his American film debut with the role of ‘Jeremy’ in ‘Better Watch Out.’
He was later seen in the American films, Power Rangers (2017), and The Broken Hearts Gallery (2020). In 2017, he made his television debut in the lead role of ‘Billy Hargrove’ in the American TV series ‘Stranger Things’ (2017-19).
In the same year, he made his Australian film debut with the role of ‘Mike’ in ‘A few Less Man.’
In 2020, he made his debut as an actor, director, and writer with the American short film ‘In Vitro;’ he also acted in the film.
He launched his new podcast ‘DKHM,’ beat poetry in the form of music in July 2019. Dacre spent years organizing his poems and collaborated with various musicians to bring life to his poems. The podcast can be accessed on Spotify and iTunes.
On October 27, 2020, his collection of poems ‘DKMH: Poems by Dacre Montgomery’ was published by Andrews McMeel Publishing.
- Actor(s): Jack Nicholson, Tom Hardy, Benicio del Toro, Adam Sandler, Brad Pitt
- TV Series: Escape at Dannemora (2018)
- Film(s): Warrior (2011), Uncut gems, Ad Astra (2019), Mystic River (2003)
- Fictional Character(s): Batman, Spiderman
- Book(s): The Sun and her Flowers by Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
As of 2019, he was paid $150,000 for his role in Stranger Things. Fox Business
- Audi TTS
- Mercedes Benz Maybach 6 Cabriolet
- In his leisure time, he likes reading books and watching television and movies.
- Dacre doesn’t like Vegemite, an iconic Australian food loved by most of Australians; Vegemite is a food spread, which is made from the leftover brewers’ yeast extract and combination of various vegetable and spice additives.
- He was voted ‘Most Likely to Become a Hollywood Celebrity’ in the 2011 yearbook of his high school.
- At WAAPA, during the first year of his college, he was asked to leave the course three times as he was detached and arrogant. According to him, he was dealing with personal issues, and later, after taking some time off and started anew. Talking about it, he said,
I had spent so long manifesting this idea that I wanted to go to drama school, and once I was there, I was maybe a little bit arrogant. I didn’t want to learn Feldenkrais, I didn’t want to learn these multiple vocal techniques. There was a lot of stuff going on in my life: I got fired from my job, my girlfriend and I went on a break, all this stuff happened at the end of first year. I was told by my teachers, ‘Look, if you want to come back here after the summer, you’ve got to think long and hard about what you’re capable of.’ After taking a short break, I returned with a different perspective and attitude. I came back, and we had our first public plays, and it was amazing.”
- Charles II of England (the King of England, Scotland, and Ireland, from 1660 to 1685, and the King of Scotland, from 1649 to 1651) is the progenitor of Dacre, as he descends from Anne Lennard, Charles’ daughter and Countess of Sussex. He was named after the Barons Dacre of England (a Baronship that traces back to 1321), whose roots follow from his mother’s side. Bustle
- In 2016, he made an appearance in the music video of ‘Chateau’ by the singer-songwriter duo Angus & Julia Stone.
- In 2017, he appeared as ‘Robert’ in the music video of ‘Old Souls’ by the Australian Metal band ‘Make Them Suffer.’
- Dacre was obese, didn’t have friends, and was bullied in his school days. He used the experience of facing bullies in his school days to absorb and play the role of ‘Billy’ from ‘Stranger Things.’
- Dacre auditioned as ‘Ace Merrill’ from the Amerian film ‘Stand by Me’ (1986) for Stranger Things; In the original 1986 film, the role of Ace was played by Kiefer Sutherland.
- In 2018, he completed an internship with Adam Hunter, the LA-based celebrity interior designer. Simultaneously, he announced that he and Adam will collaborate with each other and open a restaurant in Los Angeles in two years.
- He is often seen showing his support to the Australian Red Cross through his social media accounts, and in 2020, he announced that he had become the Ambassador to the Australian Red Cross.
References [ + ]