Courtney Henggeler is an American actress. She is famous for portraying ‘Amanda LaRusso’ in the Netflix television series ‘Cobra Kai’ (2018).
Courtney Healy Henggeler IMDb was born on Monday, December 11, 1978 (age 42 years; as of 2020), in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, US.
Until she was fourteen, she grew up in Poconos, Pennsylvania, where she moved with her parents a few days after her birth. She moved with her mother to Seaford in Long Island to live close to her grandmother after her parents separated. She attended Seaford High School and went to State University of New York at Fredonia to pursue BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Theatre, but soon lost her interest in it and dropped out of the course. After dropping out of her college, she took the job of bartending while taking acting classes in Fredonia. News Day One or two years later, she moved to Los Angeles. After her marriage, Courtney and her husband moved to New York to stay close to her mother. In New York, she resides in a rented house in Huntington, N.Y.
Height Courtney Henggeler – Instagram: 5′ 9″
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Family & Ethnicity
She was raised in a catholic household. She is a follower of catholicism. Courtley Hengeler – Instagram
Parents & Siblings
At the age of fourteen, Courtney’s parents separated.
She has a sister named Deidre Henggeler.
Husband & Children
She got married to Ross Kohn, a Jewish movie producer raised in Westchester, in October 2015.
The couple has a son named Oscar Noah Kohn (born on January 25, 2017) and a daughter named Georgie Healy Kohn (born on March 1, 2019).
As soon as she landed in Los Angeles, she started getting offers for commercials. She has acted in advertisements for brands like McDonald’s, Audi, and Toyota.
She made her film debut with the Horror feature ‘The Bog Creatures’ (2003) in the main role of ‘Susan Beth.’
She appeared in a number of main and supporting roles in the American films The Legacy of Walter Frumm (2005), Friends with Benefits (2011), Kristin’s Christmas Past (2013), Fixed (2017), and Nobody’s Fool (2018).
In 2005, she made her television debut with the American series ‘House’ in which she played the character of a server.
She then appeared in television series like The Big Bang Theory (2008, 2013 & 2018), Criminal Minds (2008), NCIS (2009), Working Class (2011), and Back in the Game (2013). She played the recurring role of ‘Claudia’ in CBS series ‘Mom’ (2013-14).
Even after getting a recurring role in a series, she played minor roles in the American series Franklin & Bash (2014), The Mysteries of Laura (2015), Mary + Jane (2016), and Jane the Virgin (2018). She wanted to leave acting for good before bagging her breakthrough lead role in the American series ‘Cobra Kai’ (2018). According to her,
My husband told me I couldn’t quit because we got our health insurance through SAG. He was like, ‘Hang in there a little longer until we can figure out our next step in health insurance.'”
She then went to audition for Cobra Kai to give final chance to acting. A week later, she was told that she would be starring alongside Ralph Macchio and William Zabka in Cobra Kai, playing Ralph’s onscreen wife, Amanda LaRusso. She said,
I definitely made his (Ralph Macchio) name one word for the first two seasons of filming. He was like, ‘You can call me Ralph.’”
In 2011, she did a short film for a cruise line brand called Royal Caribbean, which was directed by and starred Jenny McCarthy. In 2020, she turned screenwriter and producer with the film ‘The Secret Life of a Celebrity Surrogate.’
- Food: Carne Asada Tacos, Steak Tartare
- Alcoholic Beverage: Wine
- Restaurant: Cactus Taquerias #2 in Los Angeles
- Actress(s): Jenny McCarthy, Bette Davis
- Singer: Johnny Mathis
- Rapper: Ol’ Dirty Bastard
- Film(s): Gone with the Wind (1939), All About Eve (1950), Poltergeist (1982), The Strangers (2008), Troop Beverly Hills (1989), Zoolander series
- TV Series: Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990)
- Musical: Jesus Christ Superstar
- Book: ‘Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!’ by Mo Willems
- Travel Destination: Bora Bora
- Color: Pink
- In her leisure time, she likes cooking, traveling, and watching television and films.
- She loves animals and has two pet cats, and a pet dog named Muppet.
- At the age of four, she decided to become a hula dancer after she saw one on TV. When her mother told her that hula dancing was not a profession for her, she began finding ways to be on TV to dance in front of people. Later, she chose to be an actress after realizing that dancing wasn’t made for her.
- She had an interest in theater since childhood. When she was in grade 9, she came into theater after her friend Patti recommended her to audition for high school’s production of the musical ‘Carousel.’ In the auditions, she sang about clams, pretending to eat an apple, and bagged a role in the musical.
- In her high school, she performed in many school productions, and was in a teen theater group that performed in the Hempstead town. She also performed under her school’s program called ‘Showmobile’ through which she gave performaces of various children’s shows at different parks around Hempstead.
References [ + ]