Christian Richard is a retired software engineer, entrepreneur, and investor. He is the husband of Christine Quinn, an American actress and reality TV star who is known for being a cast member of Netflix’s ‘Selling Sunset’ (2019).
Christian Richard was born as ‘Christian Dumontet’ in 1979 (age 41 years; as of 2020) in Middletown Township, New Jersey. Christian studied at The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth. In the show Selling Sunset, Christine Quinn introduced Christian as a retired tech entrepreneur, who graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, specializing in ‘engineering of all types including software platforms.’ However, an online article on him states that he graduated from The College of New Jersey with a major in computer science. Vanity Fair
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Apart from his middle-class background, not much is known about his parents or siblings. In late 2018, he started dating Christine Quinn. On February 15, 2019, Christian proposed to Christine. On December 15, 2019, Christian and Christine got married at the Cathedral of Saint Vibiana in Los Angeles.
Christian began his career as a software engineer and worked in multiple companies and development projects. In 2001, he joined Cisco Systems, Inc. as a software engineer. After working at Cisco for almost six and a half years, he quit his job there and co-founded his online food ordering service called ‘Foodler’ in March 2007 with his colleagues Edin Arslanagic and John Jannotti. The company was headquartered in Boston.
At the age of 35 in 2014, he retired as a software engineer. In 2017, Foodler was sold to its competitor GrubHub. At that time, Foodler had annualized food sales of $80 million. As of 2020, Christian and his former team are working on a new fintech (financial technology) venture.
In 2019, Crystal Hefner, widow of the founder of Playboy Magazine was selling her house in Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles. Christian purchased the house at $5 million. The house consists of four bedrooms, four bathrooms, an infinity pool, and a home theatre. Global Property Management, Inc.
Christian Richard’s net worth, as of 2020, is $20 million. Life & Style Magazine
- Christian is a travel enthusiast and often spends his time traveling, with his belief- ‘international travel fuels the creative thought process.’ Some of his favorite traveling destinations are Cambodia, Bora-Bora, and Southern France.
- Christian was named a finalist in the 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year Award, as a CEO & co-founder of Foodler.
- After moving to Los Angeles, he was introduced to Christine Quinn through her friend, with whom he went on a date once. After they (Christine and Christian) met each other, they felt an instant connection. According to Christine,
When we finally went on our first date, we hit it off instantly and fell in love quickly. My girlfriend went on a date with him and she’s like, ‘Hey, I went on a date with this guy who I really don’t like. I know you’re single, you may want to go out with him.”
- Christian came to know about Christine being a star after he went traveling with her. During one of their travels, she was recognized by her fans, and Christian came to know that she (Christine) was a reality TV celebrity from Netflix’s Selling Sunset (2019).
- In 2020, Christian appeared in the season 3 of Selling Sunset, a Netflix reality show based on the lives of women realtors of Oppenheim Group. In season 3 of the show, Christian was introduced as ‘Christian Richard’ instead of ‘Christian Domontet,’ and his wedding Christine was one of the premises of the show. According to Christine, Christian was very shy about being on TV, she said
After we got back to L.A., we got picked up for another season and I asked him, ‘Do you want to be on it?’ He said, ‘Oh my gosh, this is so not me.’ He’s really, really shy, but decided to do it for me. He’s on the show quite a bit and, bless his heart, he tries, but [filming] is a really awkward thing. It’s not organic in any way. It’s not reality in any way.”