Cho Yeo-Jeong (also spelled as Jo Yeo-Jeong) is a South Korean actress and is internationally known for her role as Mrs. Park in the Oscar-winning film ‘Parasite’ (2019).
Cho Yeo-Jeong was born on Thursday, February 19, 1981 (aged 41; age 2022) in Seoul, South Korea. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
She was educated at Budang Daejin High School, Seongnam, South Korea.
- Height: 5’4″
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Not much is known about his family. She was the second born of her parents’ four children. Her father and mother divorced for financial reasons, and currently, Yeo-Jeong and her siblings live with their mother.
- Didim 531 Entertainment (until 2013)
- Neos entertainment
- High Entertainment (current)
On the television
In 1997, at the age of 16, she began her modeling career and appeared as the cover girl of CeCi Magazine. She appeared on MBC’s children’s variety show “Ppo Ppo Ppo” in 1997 as the youngest “Sister of Ppomi”.
She hosted shows like Fairyland Ggumdongsan (2001), Girls on Top Season 2 (2010), and O’live Beauty On-Air (2011). She made her acting debut with the show “Three Men, Three Women” in 1998 in an uncredited role.
She appeared in very small roles in many K-dramas, You Don’t Know My Mind (1999), Roll of Thunder (2000), Jang Hee-bin (2002), South of the Sun (2003), Terms of Endearment (2004), So In Love (2006), War of Money: The Original (2008) and The Road Home (2009). In 2011, she appeared in a lead role in the K-drama “I Need Romance” as “Sunwoo In-young.”
After that, she starred in many hit Korean series such as Lovers of Haeundae (2012), Divorce Lawyer in Love (2015), Love in the Moonlight (2016), Ms. Perfect (2017), Beautiful World (2019), and 9.9 Billion Woman (2019). She has also participated in reality shows such as 21st Century Committee (2001), Soulmates (2003), We Got Married – Season 1 (2008), Fox’s Butler (2010), Law of the Jungle in Caribbean/Maya Jungle (2013 ), and Surfhouse (2019).
She made her film debut with “A Perfect Match” (2002) as “Min-ah”.
She then played the main character “Yeon-hee” in the movie “Vampire Cop Ricky” (2006). In 2010, she rose to prominence with her role as an ambitious lower-caste woman from Joseon, “Chun-Hyang” in the movie “The Servant”.
She starred in several successful South Korean films, The Concubine (2012), The Target (2014), Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies (2015), and Parasite (2019).
In 2005, she starred in the musical theater “Grease”, in which she played the main role of “Sandy”. She wrote a book titled “Healing Beauty” which was published in 2013. The book focuses on Cho’s advice on health and beauty, and her journey as an actress over her 16-year career.
Besides being an actress, she is also a good singer and sang the soundtrack of her drama “I Need Romance” (2011): “Aegyo (Charm)” with Kim Jeong-hoon (actress and singer). also sang “Winter Story” from Eyagi Entertainment’s 2011 Christmas single. In 2019, she was seen in the music video for JY Park’s hit song “Fever”.
Awards and Achievements
- Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for the film “Parasite” in 2020
- Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Parasite” in 2019.
- Korean Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Obsessed” in 2014
- SBS Entertainment Awards- Popularity Award for the show “Law of the Jungle in Caribbean/Maya Jungle” in 2013
- Style Icon Awards – SIAS Discovery in 2011
KBS Drama Awards
- Excellence Award, Actress in a One-Act Drama for “Babysitter” in 2016
- Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama “Perfect Woman” in 2017
- Superior Excellence Award, Best Actress for “9.9 Billion Woman” in 2019
Blue Dragon Film Awards
- People’s Star Award for the movie “Servant” in 2010
- Best actress in the movie “Parasite” in 2019
- In 2013, as her contract with her agency, Didim 531 was about to expire, she started having contact with Spring Entertainment. Therefore, the Korean Entertainment Management Association prevented the actress from signing with Spring Entertainment and also banned Spring Entertainment from the association for two years. After her contract with Didim 531 expired, she signed with Neos Entertainment. Soompi
- In 2018, she was involved in a controversy related to allegations of fraud on her father. Her father had borrowed a sum of 300 million won (Rs. 1.77 crores) from Mr. A, who was said to have suffered financial damage because of the affair. Mr. A contacted Yeo-Jeong’s agency, High Entertainment to contact Yeo-Jeong. After the matter surfaced in the media, High Entertainment released an official statement apologizing to Mr. A for his father’s irresponsible action; promising to fix the problem as soon as possible. Later, Yeo-Jeong met Mr. A and apologized to his family, and told him that she would return the money to them. Twitter – Soompi
Singers: Gil Seong-Joon
Rap artist: Kang Hee-gun
Band: Big Bang
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Facts / Anecdotes
- Cho Yeo – Jeong aime faire de l’exercice, lire et cuisiner.
- Elle aime les animaux et a un animal nommé Ang-yo.
- On la voit souvent boire de l’alcool à de nombreuses reprises avec ses amis.
- Elle adore danser et a commencé à danser dans la trentaine.
- Elle a fait la couverture de nombreux magazines comme Grazia, High Cut, Dazed Korea etc.
- Elle adore prendre un café !
- Sa première photo sur Instagram était une photo d’elle avec un hashtag #Alaska. Elle a posté cette photo le 17 janvier 2015.