Chase Stokes is an American actor who is best known for playing the role of “John B” in the American teen drama web series “Outer Banks” (2020).
Chase Stokes was born on Wednesday, September 16, 1992 Decider (age 27 years; as in 2019) in Annapolis, the capital of the U.S. state of Maryland. He spent most of his formative years living in South Florida.
Stokes did his schooling from Timber Creek High School, Orlando in Florida and graduated in 2010, and then, he attended Valencia College in 2012; earning an Association of Arts degree. Thereafter, he earned an MBA degree from the University of Central Florida in 2015. Gossip Gist While in college, Stokes worked as a salesman at a local fitness facility in Florida. For a short while, he also worked at an IT company.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Eye Color: Hazel Brown
Hair Color: Medium Ash Blond
Family & Ethnicity
Chase Stokes belongs to a white American family.
Parents & Siblings
Chase Stokes was born to Jeff Stokes (father) and Jennifer Canning (mother).
His parents; however, got divorced and parted ways. Thereafter, his father got married to Nicki Osterman Stokes (Niki). His father is the president of STRIDE franchise LLC, and his step-mother, Niki is a psychologist.
Chase Stokes is the eldest child in the family and has two younger siblings – brother, Kaden Stokes and a sister, Kendall Nicole Stokes from his father’s second marriage. He has three more siblings – Evan Walker, Rylie Walker, and Griffin Walker.
Relationships, Girlfriend & Affairs
Reportedly, Chase Stokes dated a girl named Xio Montalvo, but they split in 2017. PopBuzz
Chase Stokes made his television debut as ‘Captain Charles Whitaker’ in a short film, “Lost Island” in 2015.
In the same year, he appeared as ‘Ethan Terri’ in the television series “Base.”
He was first noticed in Netflix science fiction, drama-horror web television series, “Stranger Things” in 2016.
Stokes made his film debut as ‘Young Dale’ in the film, “Between Waves” (2018).
Thereafter, he appeared in other projects, such as The First (2018), The Beach House (2018), and Tell Me Your Secrets (2019). The biggest breakthrough of his career came in 2020 when he appeared as “John B” in the Netflix series “Outer Banks,” which premiered on April 15, 2020. In Outer Banks, he played as ringleader John B, a local charmer who was on a hunt for his father who had mysteriously disappeared.
After “Outer Banks,” he signed a few more projects, including the role of ‘TJ Forrester’ in “One of Us is Lying” and as ‘Martin’ in “Dr. Birds Advuce for Sad Poets.”
- Actor(s): Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling, Johny Depp
- Film(s): Pulp Fiction (1994), Uncut Gems (2019)
- Sport: Ice Hockey
- Leader: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Before stepping into acting, Stokes worked as a lifeguard at Orlando Country Club for almost four years.
- For a short while, he also worked as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch.
- It was his biological mother, Jennifer Canning who had loaned him $100 to go for the auditions of Netflix.
- Initially, he had passed the role of John B in Outer Banks; mistakenly thinking it was for a Goonies reboot, He admits,
I thought it was a Goonies reboot. The description said ‘Four friends on a treasure hunt,’ and I thought, I don’t want to be a part of ruining The Goonies.” People
- He was called to Charleston in South Carolina to meet with the creator of “Outer Banks” and the rest of its cast; days after sending his audition tapes. There, he was immediately put into the training required for the demanding role of John B, including scuba diving, swimming, and driving boats. While talking about these skills, he says,
I grew up on the water, so I knew how to surf and knew how to drive boats.”
- Stokes developed a great rapport with the cast of Outer Banks, especially his co-star Rudy Pankow, who played John B’s best friend, and they enjoyed a lot during its shoot in Charleston. While talking about the experience, he says,
It felt like we were cheating the system. Like a bunch of friends making a TV show. It was the most mind-boggling, insanely euphoric experience I’ve ever had in my life.”
- His on-screen chemistry with Madelyn Cline who plays as Sarah Cameron, the love interest of John B in Outer Banks, has been loved by the audience a lot. While talking about Madelyn Cline in an interview, he said,
I mean she was an incredible partner with whom to work across from and she’s got a bit of a deep soul and she cares about her work. So to work with somebody who is also very passionate about what she does and to be able to share that and want to stay true to the authentic love story with her is a lot of fun.”
- Chase is often spotted enjoying alcoholic beverages on several occasions.
- Stokes is a music lover and is good at playing the guitar.
- He is the founder and CEO of the Creative Movement Group.
- Chase Stokes is a sportsperson and before making a career in acting, he had planned to pursue his career in sports, especially in Ice Hockey; however, after suffering injuries, he had to call it a quit.
- Chase Stokes is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, “Jack.”
- During the worldwide lockdown in wake of Corona Outbreak, Chase Stokes and his co-stars of Outer Banks, including Madelyn Cline were quarantined in Los Angeles. In an interview, he shared his quarantine experience and said,
I’m doing a lot of self-reflection and meditation, so stillness, being present with my own consciousness. I deal with anxiety myself, so this has been a great time to hone in on that anxiety and find out where it’s coming from, what it’s created from and learning how to cope with it and move forward in life.”
References [ + ]