Cavit Çetin Güner is a Turkish actor and producer. He is known for his acting roles in the Turkish Television series Dirilis: Ertugrul (2014) and Ariza (2020). He is also known for producing the Turkish feature film Long Time Ago (2019).
Cavit Çetin Güner was born on Friday, February 21, 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2021), in Istanbul, Turkey.
He did his schooling at Ziyapaşa Primary School, Hürriyet, Istanbul, and Kurtuluş Anadolu Lisesi, Ankara. He studied at the Faculty of Fine Arts at Mimar Sinan Fine Art University, Fındıklı, Beyoğlu, Istanbul. Sözcü
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His mother, Zahde Güner Ruhuna Fatiha, was from Rize Province of Turkey and was a homemaker. She died in 2000 from cancer.
His father was from Bursa, Turkey, and was a taxi driver.
He has an older brother named Cem Güner and a younger sister named Sinem Güner.
Wife & Children
He has married two times. In March 2010, he got married for the first time to the Turkish actress Reyhan Türkü Hazer.
Their marriage only lasted for two years; they got divorced on June 29, 2012.
He has a son named Ali Damir (born in October 2010) from his marriage to Reyhan Türkü Hazer.
On July 31, 2017, he got married for the second time to the Turkish volleyball player Hatice Gizem Örge. Their relationship also did not last long, and they got divorced.
He belongs to a Circassian family. Posta Circassians are Northwest Caucasian ethnic people native to Circassia exiled to Turkey and the Middle East during the Circassian genocide in the aftermath of the Russo-Circassian War (1763).
While pursuing his high school graduation, he appeared in his first commercial. In 2003, he appeared as a footballer in a Coca-Cola commercial. In 2003, he made his television debut in the minor role of ‘Cavit Koca’ in the Turkish series ‘Hayat bilgisi.’
He then appeared in supporting and recurring roles in the Turkish TV series Ödünç hayat (2005), Yalanci yarim (2006), and Annem (2006). In 2009, he appeared in the lead role of ‘Yildirim’ in the Turkish series ‘Osman.’
He continued to appear in supporting and recurring roles in the Turkish series Farkli Boyut (2011), Kalbim 4 Mevsim (2012), The Magnificent Century (2013-14), Yasak Elma (2018), and Ariza (2020-21). In 2014, he appeared in the historical drama Turkish series ‘Dirilis: Ertugrul’ in which he played ‘Doğan Alp.’ He continued to star in the show till 2018. He gained immense popularity with the show, not only in Turkey but also in other parts of the world.
In 2014, he made his feature film debut with the Turkish comedy ‘Stajyer Mafya’ as ‘Garson.’
The same year, he made his debut as a producer with the family drama short film ‘Kor.’
He then appeared in the action thriller war Turkish film ‘Bordo Bereliler 2: Afrin’ (2018). He also produced the documentary Be Witness Documentary (2018). In 2019, he made his feature film debut as a producer with the Turkish drama ‘Long Time Ago.’
- To cover his school expenses, he began working part-time jobs like selling water at the age of six. He also worked as a busboy, clerk, bakery apprentice, night watchman, and porter for an oil and flour wholesaler.
- In 2016, the Turkish TV series ‘Diriliş Ertuğrul’ won the Golden Butterfly Award for Best TV Series. Cavit Çetin Güner, who accepted the award on behalf of his team, uploaded a post calling out the award show for showing double standards. Cavit said that they received the award but were not allowed to give an award acceptance speech. Daily Sabah He added,
They presented the award to our series perforce, which has been not only the most-watched daytime series but also the most-watched series of the month. I am saying ‘perforce’ because the series surely deserves to receive awards for best actor best production and best director as well but they are not willing to present us these awards since we are not one of them. Tonight, they presented the award for ‘Best TV Series’ half-heartedly and they showed us the way to the backstage without offering us the microphone to speak. Wednesday ratings every week demonstrate our value to those who understand… the value of this award is shown in the photo… my shoe is of more value…”
- In May 2020, Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Amir was watching ‘Dirilis: Ertugrul’ and saw Cetin in it. He tweeted and asked Indian cricketer Virat Kohli if it was him, saying,
@imVkohli brother is it you m confused”
In the post, he shared Cetin looked like Kohli and many were thrilled by their similar appearance. Since then the actor has often been said to be the doppelganger of Virat.
- In 2021, he organized a donation campaign on account of his birthday for the Turkish Cancer Society to help cancer patients. He has supported many cancer-related organizations after his mother died of cancer.
- According to Cavit, his relationships do not last more than three years. He holds his mother’s early death responsible for it. In an interview, he said,
My mother’s treatment lasted three years. For those three years, I lived in fear that she would leave. Interestingly, my relationships always last three years. As we get closer to the end, I’ve been breaking the ropes in the last six months. I’m walking away from the relationship. I think I got that kind of inheritance when I was 13-14 years old, because of my mother’s loss. I always think women will leave me one day.”
- He has a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and also owns many cars.
- He is an animal lover and owns three pet dogs and two pet cats. He often posts his pictures with animals on his social media accounts.