Carolina Miranda is a popular Mexican actress who is well-known for appearing in the Mexican soap operas Las Bravo (2014-2015) and Señora Acero (2016-2019). In 2021, she gained international recognition after playing the role of Elisa in the Netflix series “¿Quién mató a Sara?” (Who Killed Sara?) (2021).
Carolina Miranda was born as Carolina Miranda Olvera Carolina Miranda’s Instagram on Sunday, June 24, 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021), in Guanajuato, Mexico. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Since childhood, Carolina was a performer who actively participated in various extra-curriculum activities at school.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Dark Bown
Eye Color: Light Grey
Family & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
Not much information is available about his family.
In 2016, Carolina started dating the Mexican actor, director, and producer Michel Duval. The couple developed a relationship in 2016 while shooting for the American television series “Señora Acero.” Ironically, in the series, Michel played the role of Carolina’s character’s brother. In December 2016, they officially announced that they were dating each other when they appeared as guests in the television chat show “Don Francisco te invita.” After dating for about two years, the couple parted ways in 2019.
In an interview, while sharing her opinion about getting married, she said,
I am hardly getting married. I am passionate about life and art…I do not tolerate people who take their work lightly…I enjoy my solitude and my free time .”
While talking about the beginning of her journey as an actress, she said,
It never crossed my mind. At the age of 20, I realized that something was missing in my life. At that time I was already an announcer, host, and model, I had even founded my own company at the age of 19 along with my university career, but I did not feel complete.”
She made her television debut with the Mexican soap opera “Los Rey” in which she played the role of Delfina Rey Ortuña i.e., Fina. In 2014, she came into the spotlight when she played the role of Carmen Bravo Diaz in the Mexican telenovela “Las Bravo.”
She rose to prominience in Decemeber 2016 when she played the protagonist Vicenta Acero in the American telenovela “Señora Acero” (Season-3). The storyline of the series revolves around Vicenta Acero, a coyote woman who helps immigrants to cross the U.S.–Mexico border. In 2017, Señora Acero’s fourth season became the most-watched Spanish program in its time slot.
In 2019, she made her digital debut with the Mexican comedy show “Claramente” in which she played the protagonist Clara Díaz, a journalist who possesses an uncanny power to read the minds of men.
She gained massive popularity with Netflix’s Mexican thriller series “¿Quién mató a Sara?” (Who Killed Sara?) in which she played the role of Elisa, the youngest child of the Lazcano family who accuses her father, Cesar Lazcano, of Sara’s murder.
- Won PRODU Award (2017) in the category of Newcomer Actress- Series, Superseries, or Telenovela of the Year for the television series “Señora Acero” (2016)
- Received Premio Arlequín (Arlequin Award Mexico) in November 2018 for Character Creation and Development
- Received Micrófono de Oro (Golden Microphone) in December 2019 in the category of Best Actress
- Singer: Norah Jones
- Actress: Meryl Streep, María Félix
- Clothing Brand: Pandora México
- Carolina Miranda Instagram account features various pictures of her enjoying alcoholic beverages.
- Carolina Miranda posted a picture of herself on her Instagram account while kissing a dog with the caption, ‘“I still dream of becoming a millionaire and having a refuge for thousands of them,” attesting to her great love of the four-legged creature.
- In her leisure time, she loves to paint, see new places, and watch theater. A lesser-known fact about Carolina is that she is a proficient writer who compiled a book of 27 poems at the age of sixteen. In an interview, while talking about her passion for writing, she said,
But if I am passionate about something outside of all this, it is writing. I like to sit in a place alone, away from everything, observe and create poetry. I have a book called 27 poems that I wrote when I was 16 years old and it is my greatest treasure .”
- She is an overzealous person who believes in living life to the fullest. She posts various pictures of herself contemplating a sunset, hiking, kayaking, and enjoying nature and the outdoors on her Instagram account. She also uploaded a picture of herself hanging from a rope amid a beach with a caption that translates to,
The world is and will be better when you’re upside down.”
- She displays her affection for her country, Mexico, by wearing and promoting only Mexican brands while attending public events. In an interview, she said,
I love supporting the talent of my country. At this moment I really want it to be seen that everything I wear is made by Mexican hands.”
- Her food habits are non-vegetarian. Carolina Miranda’s Instagram
- She is a fitness freak who regularly posts various pictures of herself performing difficult yoga asanas (positions), indoors as well as outdoors, on her Instagram account.