The actress Cara Jocelyn Delevingne was born on 12 August 1992, in Hammersmith, London, and grew up in Belgravia, London. Vice Actress Cara Delevingne debuted in 2012 with a supporting role in Joe Wright’s film adaptation of Anna Karenina. The most notable of her roles include Margo Roth Spiegelman in the romantic mystery movie Paper Towns (2015), the Enchantress in the comic book adaptation Suicide Squad (2016), and the title role in Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017).
- Taille (environ) : 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- Poids : 51 kg or 112.5 lbs
- Couleur des yeux : Blue
- Couleur des cheveux : Blonde
Family and Ethnicity
Parents, and Siblings
Delevingne is the daughter of personal shopper and stylist Pandora Anne Stevens (née Delevingne) and real estate developer Charles Hamar Delevingne.
The godmother of Cara is Dame Joan Collins, and the godfather is Nicholas Coleridge.
Affairs and Relationships
It was announced in May 2018 that Delevingne is genderfluid. Billboard Her pronouns are she/her. Her relationship with actress and model Ashley Benson was confirmed in June 2019. The couple separated in April 2020.
Cara Delevingne attended Francis Holland School for Girls and then Bedales in Steep, Hampshire, Business Insider but she quit before she was 18 to become a full-time model. She has dyspraxia, so writing presents a challenge to her. Understood
In an editorial shot by Bruce Weber for Vogue Italia alongside model Lady Eloise Anson, Delevingne had her first modeling job at age ten. In 2009, Delevingne signed with Storm Management. Grazia Daily
Having worked part-time at the office of a fashion website, Delevingne was discovered by Burberry’s Christopher Bailey in 2012. She was cast in the company’s spring/summer 2011 campaign. The first time Delevingne walked a catwalk was at London Fashion Week in February 2011 when she walked for Burberry Prorsum’s A/W collection. She also opened and closed the Burberry Prorsum S/S 2012 collection later that year.
Chanel’s Haute-Couture’s spring show at the Grand Palais marked her first appearance in the 2012 season.
The first of the “Big Four” fashion weeks was New York Fashion Week, where Delevingne walked in nine shows for such designers as Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, Thakoon, Donna Karan, Tory Burch, Oscar de la Renta, and Carolina Blacksmith.
She walked for designers such as Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, and Marchesa during New York Fashion Week. Burberry was her only client during London Fashion Week.
She walked in over 50 shows during this season. Following that, Delevingne appeared in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on 7 November 2012. At Justin Bieber’s ‘Beauty And A Beat’ performance on 4 December 2012, she appeared in the ‘Pink is US’ section and walked during the performance.
With their collaboration, Katie Grand and Cara Delevingne did more than just appear at catwalk shows; Delevingne also sang ‘I Want Candy’ in a mini film called ‘Gang’, which is also the title of the Katie Grand Loves Hogan 2013 collection and the large-format magazine created to commemorate the collaboration. The model walked in Chanel’s Singapore Cruise show between the two international catwalk shows. This was the first time Chanel had held an event in Asia, and it was at Dempsey Hill’s Loewen Cluster.
Numerous people noticed that Delevingne was becoming more selective with the shows she appears in. As her acting career expanded and her catwalk work decreased, her catwalk roles declined as well. Delevingne explained in a Time essay published in 2016 the actual reason for the decrease of show appearances by saying:
It’s taken time, but now I realize that work isn’t everything and success comes in many forms. I’ve opened my mind, and now I embrace new things with a childlike curiosity. I’m spending more time doing the stuff I love. And I’ve been able to do better work because of it.
Delavingne appeared with British supermodel Kate Moss in an advertisement for Burberry fragrance.
During 2015, Delevingne appeared in ads for YSL Beauté alongside French model Cindy Bruna. Aside from DKNY (including a menswear campaign), she has also appeared in advertisements for Penshoppe, Burberry, Alexander Wang, and Mango, working again with Kate Moss.
Along with Kendall Jenner, Delevigne has been featured on the covers of The Wall Street Journal, Vogue, and Love.
Taking over the Rimmel spot from Kate Moss and Georgia May Jagger in 2016, Delevingne became the face of the brand.
Fashion retailer Net-a-Porter featured Delevingne on the cover of its online magazine The Edit in 2017. The model has also graced the covers of Glamour, V, British GQ, Elle UK, Elle Australia, and Glamour Germany. The model started appearing in Dior Beauty advertisements.
Taking on the role of Princess Sorokina in the 2012 adaptation of Anna Karenina, Delevingne first appeared on-screen alongside Keira Knightley.
The video game Grand Theft Auto V, when released, became the fastest-selling entertainment product in history when Delevingne voiced a DJ in the game.
Delevingne made her television debut in June 2014 in the final episode of Playhouse Presents opposite veteran British actress Sylvia Syms.
Delevingne made her music video debut in ASAP Ferg’s Dope Walk music video in February 2015.
A few months later, in May 2015, she participated in Taylor Swift’s star-studded video for ” Bad Blood “, which broke Vevo’s 24-hour viewing record when it was released, with 20.1 million views in just one day.
Delavingne starred as Margo Roth Spiegelman in the 2015 adaptation of John Green’s best-seller Paper Towns.
The comic book series Valérian and Laureline was adapted into the Luc Besson film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, in which Delevingne starred with Dane DeHaan and Rihanna.
Delevingne wrote and recorded two albums of music with the help of her manager Simon Fuller in 2011 and 2012. The singer-songwriter recorded an acoustic rendition of Sonnentanz in 2013 with jazz and soul singer Will Heard. As part of the mini-film Gang, she also performed The Strangelove’s ” I Want Candy .”
Delevingne worked with Pharrell Williams to create the song “CC the World”, which was featured in both Pharrell’s and Delevingne’s collaboration Chanel film Reincarnation.
Delevingne released her music video for “I Feel Everything” from Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets to the public on 28 July 2017.
In 2017, Delevingne’s background vocals appeared on the song “Pills” from the album Masseduction by the American musician St. Vincent.
Additionally, she also provides backing vocals on the title track of Fiona Apple’s 2020 album, Fetches the Bolt Cutters.
DKNY and Mulberry hired Delevingne to design two fashion collections. A variety of sporty streetwear items were included in her DKNY capsules collection, such as beanie hats and leather jackets.
Delevingne designed four Mulberry collections, including handbags and rucksacks. In addition to purses and iPad sleeves, there were phone covers, zip pouches, and passport holders in the collection. A new collection, the fourth, was unveiled on June 3rd, 2015.
A co-author of the book Mirror, Mirror with British author Rowan Coleman, Delevingne made her debut as a young adult fiction writer in October 2017.
Awards and Honors
British Fashion Award- Model of the Year, 2012, 2014
Teen Choice Awards – Summer Movie Star, 2015
Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Breakout, 2015
Teen Choice Award for Choice AnTEENcipated Movie Actress, 2016
Lion on her knuckle
Cara Delevingne got her first tattoo in May 2013, a detailed lion’s face on her index finger.
As Tattoo artist Bang Bang explains to Heat, he and Cara came up with the design together:
“Cara wanted the word ‘lion’ on her finger and I told her that I didn’t think that was too sexy. I said ‘let’s put a real lion on there,’ because it’s unique, it’s hot, it looks like jewelry, like an accessory. I think it’s a great use of a really small spot of skin. I have a similar one myself that is a Japanese mask, and Cara loved that. It was a photo reference from a real lion that I mapped out, I translated it so it works small, so you have to think about the aging process because fingers don’t fade perfectly. I altered the image on the fly.”
Initial on the side of her hand
The tattoo on Cara Delevingne’s hand reads “CJD,” the initials she uses. The full name of the model is Cara Jocelyn Delevingne. She acquired her second tattoo in May 2013.
Writing on her foot
In a similar manner to the stamp on the sole of a shoe, Cara Delevingne has “MADE IN ENGLAND” tattooed on the bottom of her foot. In July 2013, Cara had her third tattoo done by artist Bang Bang.
Diamond, star inside her ear
In addition to a diamond tattoo inside her right ear, Delevingne has a tiny star inked on the front of her ear.
Name, writing on her upper arm
Cara Delevingne has a tattoo that reads “Pandora” on her upper left arm.
Writing on her wrist
The small cursive words “Silence” are inscribed on Cara Delevingne’s right wrist in the month of October 2013. On Instagram, she posted, “Silence speaks when words can’t.”
Heart, initial on her finger
Cara Delevingne has a large heart in red ink on her pinkie finger and a black ink tattoo on the side of her left pinkie finger.
Writing on her underboob
Under both sides of Cara Delevingne’s breasts, she has tattoos of writing. The message is written in thin cursive letters: “Don’t Worry, Be Happy.” It is a quote from Bobby McFerrin that also serves as the title of one of his songs.
Roman numeral on her side
Cara Delevigne’s right side tattoo is inscribed with the Roman Numeral “XII”, which is the same as the number 12. According to her Instagram post, “12 is a magic number.”
Initial on her hip
The supermodels Cara Delevingne (left) and Jourdan Dunn (right) came together with matching tattoos to celebrate their friendship. “DD” is a nickname they have given themselves based on their last names. In terms of the tattoo design, they chose a monogram “DD” with interlocking letters. The tattoo was done by Bang Bang in June 2014.
Swirl on her upper back
Cara Delevingne has a stick-and-poke-style tattoo on her upper back.
Writing on her foot
Bang Bang tattooed this design on the sole of Cara Delevingne’s right foot in September 2014 by Cara Delevingne. The title reads, “BACON…” The backstory does not appear to be much more than bacon is her favorite food and she thought the title would be fun. “Well. The tattoo was inspired by my love for bacon, obviously,” Cara explained to NY Mag. “I think of bacon every five seconds. It’s the meatiness. I love the salt. Bacon is love to me. Bacon will always love me back. It’s unconditional.”
Heart on her knuckle
Red ink is tattooed on Cara Delevingne’s left pinkie finger with a large heart outline.
Writing on her bicep
Cara Delevingne has a tattoo of the words “breathe deep” inscribed on the inside of her right upper arm. She got it done in July 2014 by the artist Bang Bang.
Crest, crown, initial, wings on her side
The tiny tattoo on Cara Delevingne’s left side was done by artist Dr. Woo in January 2015. There are two pairs of wings, a crown, and a shield-shaped crest with the letter “D” as part of her last name.
Elephant on her forearm
A large elephant heap has been inked on Cara Delevingne’s right forearm.
Snake on the back of her hand
A skeleton snake inks Cara Delevingne’s left hand by celebrity tattooist DR. Woo.☠️
Eye on her neck
On October 1, 2016, Cara Delevingne revealed a new tattoo on Instagram of a pair of eyes on the back of her neck. The tattooed eyes were designed to give the impression that they are following the viewer as they move around the room.
White dove tattoo on her finger
An index finger tattoo of a ‘dove’ symbolizes love, victory, peace, and new beginnings, and Cara has one on her left index finger.
Wasp Tattoo on finger
On the left side of her ribcage, she has a tattoo of five white dots.
The five white dots above her coat of arms tattoo represent her immediate family members, according to her.
‘Geometric Flower’ Tattoo on the back of her head
During the filming of the movie, “Life in a Year”, Cara got inked with a tattoo of a ‘geometric flower’ that could be seen when she shaved off her hair in 2017.
‘Smiley Face’ Tattoo below her toes.
She received the tattoo from her ‘Suicide Squad’ co-star Margot Robbie, who has become well known for her tattoos on her co-stars. She received the tattoo on July 24, 2016.
Artwork Tattoo on her left forearm
Tattoo artist Bang Bang inked Cara’s tattoo of artwork on October 24, 2018. The artwork was originally created by Emil Lundgren. In an Instagram post dated October 24, 2018, Cara posted the picture of her tattoo along with the caption,
Thank you @bangbangnyc for another incredible tattoo!! You never fail to impress me with your creativity. I ❤️ you!! Original artwork by @landgreenart”
‘Red Rose’ tattoo on her arm
Cara Jackson and Paris Jackson had matching tattoos inked in April 2021 after the Oscars.
Breakfast: “Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast.”
Beauty product: “Anything by Antipodes—it’s all-natural. Especially their avocado-and-pear night cream.”
A place to be alone: “When meditating.”
Workout Form: Kickboxing, Yoga
Song: “That’s too hard! I love music. There are too many to choose from.”
Instagram filter: “Lo-Fi.”
Cause: “Save the Children.”
Lip balm: “Lucas’s Pawpaw Ointment.”
Escape: “On holiday or in the studio.”
TV show: “Scandal.”
Tattoo on someone else: “All of Rihanna’s.”
Actor: Dylan Minnette & Colton Haynes
Actress: Margot Robbie & Jennifer Lawrence
Singer: Kristy Osmunson & Selena Gomez
Holiday Destination: Paris, Singapore & London
- During her interview in October 2017, Delevingne alleged that Harvey Weinstein’s sexual harassment dates back to circa 2016. Weinstein attempted to kiss her without consent and allegedly propositioned her for a threesome at a hotel. Time
- In the print edition of their interview, Vogue’s Rob Haskell called Cara Delevingne’s bisexuality a “phase” and he sparked outrage in the media. The 24-year-old model responded to the magazine’s comments about her relationship with St. Vincent in a recent interview with The New York Times, stating “My sexuality is not a phase. I am who I am.” Bustle
- For one very specific reason, Delevingne is suddenly missing 50,000 of her usual loyal fans: posting about the sexual harassment allegations against R Kelly. Elle
- The model’s “Peg the patriarchy” vest was quite a hit but made headlines because Luna Matatas, a queer sex educator of color who trademarked the phrase five years ago, accused her of stealing it. In an Instagram post, Matatas wrote: “While I’m giddy that Peg the Patriarchy® made it to The Met Gala, @caradelevingne co-owner of @loradicarlo_hq tried to pull it off as their own. No credit to me, the creator and owner of the trademark.” The Lily
Facts and Anecdotes
- Her name was registered as a trademark in February 2013. Additionally, she registered her own company, Cara & Co, with hopes of one day creating a line of onesies or T-shirts. Vogue
- Bacon has been tattooed on her foot because she loves it so much. Her tattoo matches one of Jourdan Dunn’s
- Model Cara Delevingne is credited with causing the decline in tweezer sales after she burst onto the scene with her bold brows. There were fewer searches for “eyebrow plucking” in 2013 than in 2012, while searches for “fuller eyebrows,” “Cara Delevingne,” and “statement brows” increased. A spike was also seen in HD Brow kits and thickening treatments. “People ask me, ‘What’s your secret?’ ” Delevingne said to Interview magazine at the time. “And I’m like, ‘You just don’t pluck them. It’s really simple.’ I mean, I do, obviously, a little bit, because otherwise, I’d have a monobrow, but it’s just about keeping them wild, keeping them free and woolly.”
- ‘Embrace your weirdness’ is Cara’s mantra. She’s known for her funny faces, but she’s also known for doing cartwheels backstage and dressing up in animal onesies for formal events. Her weirdest act came when she practiced for Suicide Squad, where she walked naked through the woods near her sister’s house in the country and howled like a wolf while communing with the spirit world.
- In 2014, she adopted Cecil, the bunny she co-starred with on a shoot. Cecil now lives with Cara’s sister Chloe. Her dog is named Leo.
- Her yoga practice is an important part of her depression treatment. In her words to Elle, ‘yoga’s the only way I can really feel things and check how I am. Because there is always pain somewhere, even if it’s completely irrational pain, and it’s always good to find it and get it out.’ Colin Victor Dunsmuir is her guru and she has been on retreat with him.
- When Cara was 10, she appeared in Vogue. The opportunity to model for Vogue would mark an important milestone in any model’s career. Meanwhile, Cara sees it as a regular part of her job. Since she was ten years old, she has been modeling for a fashion magazine! Bruce Weber photographs her here for the first time.
- Model Cara Delevigne has an unusual height in her line of work. Although Cara has the body and the face, she may not have the height to be a model. A model of her stature is unusually short at 1.78 (5’7). It’s good she didn’t let that stop her from walking the runways!
- The family has other successful socialites as well! She has two sisters, Poppy and Chloe, who are both hard-working and busy. In addition to modeling, Poppy has played a role in campaigns for Chanel and Burberry, while Chloe promotes a cause rather than the spotlight – the Gynaecological Cancer Fund.
- Her connections with the royal family are extensive. Exactly! The British actress and model have some royalties. Pandora Delevingne, Cara Delevingne’s mother, is one of the Duchess of York’s closest friends, and her grandmother was Princess Margaret’s lady-in-waiting.
- Sarah Doukas discovered her. She’s good friends with Kate Moss. It is probably because both were discovered by the same scouter! Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm, spotted both Kate and Cara and helped them land their modeling careers!
- It might surprise you to learn that Cara Delevingne can play the drums! Besides singing and playing guitar, Delevingne plays the drums.
- Besides modeling for Chanel and Burberry, she walks the runway and has perfect eyebrows. So what’s left? When you think her drumming skills and modeling skills aren’t impressive enough, wait until you hear her sing! She’s got vocals, too!
- Almost anything Cara can do, she can do it! Would you like to watch a Cara Delevingne movie on Netflix? The model-turned-actress has appeared in several films like Suicide Squad, Pan, Paper Towns, and Anna Karenina.
- What do you know about Cara Delevingne? You might be surprised. She’s a passionate video gamer and a computer enthusiast! She’s even more fun now! Call of Duty is one of her all-time favorite games, and she even starred in the official Black Ops III trailer. How impressive of her!
- Besides being a talented actress, she is also a professional model. She is a talented singer as well. Why isn’t Cara getting a record deal? Apparently because of her name. A record deal was also offered to Cara after she wrote and recorded two albums. Due to the fact that her name would be changed, she declined the offer. Good for you, girl!
- She has expressed interest in launching her own record label in the past. In an interview with The Mirror, she said, “If I was rich enough, I would love to launch my own record label. I would love to try and give all my musically talented friends a start in the industry.” Cara’s potential is limitless.
- Fashion has been her career, cinema has been her success and music has been her passion. Mirror Mirror, Cara Delevingne’s first novel, has been teased.
- Cara is proud of being bisexual. Her relationship with St Vincent has been openly discussed, and she has been seen with Michelle Rodriguez. It’s great to see Cara so confident!
- Cara has a freaky side we love, and she’s not afraid to show it. In her early years, she was obsessed with blood and death – “This sounds really dark, but my earliest memory is of cutting myself. I was pretending to shave like my dad. One time, I covered my face in shaving foam, and I got his razor and ran it along the bottom of my finger and nearly cut it off.” Welcome to the weird world, Cara!
- Cara suffered from psoriasis when she was a model and it even affected her career. “Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease, and I’m sensitive. Kate [Moss] saw me before the Louis Vuitton show at 3 am, when I was being painted by people to cover the scabs. She said, ‘This is horrible! Why is this happening? I need to help you.’ She got me a doctor that afternoon.”, according to W Magazine, Cara told them in 2013. During an interview with The Times, Cara revealed that “People would put on gloves and not want to touch me because they thought it was, like, leprosy or something.”
- Cara opened up to Twitter about how suffering in the modeling industry affected her and how she dealt with depression. In her tweet, she said, “I suffer from depression and was a model during a particularly rough patch of self-hatred” In addition, she told Vogue, “All of a sudden I was hit with a massive wave of depression and anxiety and self-hatred, where the feelings were so painful that I would slam my head against a tree to try to knock myself out,”.
- Ink is her passion! There are more than 20 tattoos on Cara Delevingne’s body, including lions on her knuckles, elephants on her forearm, snakes at the back of her hand, and the word “Bacon” on the bottom of her foot!
- She stopped eating when she was eight because she was confused by her mother’s frequent absences (Pandora was in and out of the hospital for drug addiction). During her childhood, Cara was obsessed with ‘blood and death. At the age of 16, she was hit by a great wave of depression, ‘the feelings were so painful that I would slam my head against a tree to try to knock myself out. I never cut, but I’d scratch myself to the point of bleeding. I just wanted to dematerialize and have someone sweep me away.’ Her schooling was suspended for six months and she agreed to go on medication and see a therapist. While she still suffers from depression, she stopped taking medication when she was 18, saying ‘I would rather learn to figure it out myself [than] be dependent on meds, ever.’
- Dior Beauty has named her it’s a brand ambassador!
- Her picture has appeared on the cover of Vogue Japan!