Bryce David Hirschberg is a USA-based movie director, screenwriter, producer, and actor known for his work in the film ‘Counterfeiters’ (2013). He is also known for contesting Netflix’s show ‘ Too Hot To Handle’ (2020).
Bryce David Hirschberg was born on Thursday, May 24, 1990 (age 27 years; as in 2019), La Jolla, San Diego, California.
He studied in Aliso Niguel High School, Aliso Viejo, California, from 2004-08. He graduated in Film Production with a minor in Film Studies at Loyola Marymount University (LMU), Los Angeles. Bryce resides on his boat in Marina Del Rey, California.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
Bryce has a brother named Barret Hirschberg.
He is in a long-distance relationship with his co-contestant Nicole O’Brien from the show ‘Too Hot To Handle’ since April 2019.
Talking about his relationship with Nicole, he said,
After three weeks filming Too Hot to Handle, the entire cast gathered at a hotel in Mexico for a few days to decompress. [Nicole and I] really bonded.”
While studying at LMU, he directed two short films- Baer (2011) and Counterfeiters (2013); both the movies were nominated for various awards.
In 2017, he wrote, directed, produced, and starred in his first feature-length film, Counterfeiters. Talking about the movie, he said,
I wanted to do everything that I had access to. I thought living on a boat is the really unique production value.”
He invested a total of $10,000 in the film and hired his friends and family members to act and work behind the scenes. ‘Counterfeiters’ premiered at the Action On Film International Film Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Brenden Theatre in the Palms Casino Resort. It was shown at major film festivals across the globe, which includes Marina Del Rey Film Festival (US), Wolves Independent International Film Festival (Lithuania), Miami Independent Film Festival (US), Wales International Film Festival (UK), Oniros Film Awards (Italy), and Filmchella (US), Cannes Film Festival, Phoenix Film Festival, and Fine Cut: KCET’s Festival of Student Film.
In 2011, he did an internship with the American Film Institute (AFI). He also worked as an office manager at LMU for more than 2 years and associate producer at Signet Media Group for 6 months. He used to be a production assistant at the Gemini 3 Productions. He has also worked as a social media marketing consultant for more than 2 years in a company called Intro View. He is the CEO of ‘Call It Pictures,’ a full-service production company; he founded the company in 2013. He is also working as a digital manager in the company Bright Living since 2015. In 2020, he made a late arrival on the dating show Too Hot to Handle (2020).
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- Special Jury Prize for the film ‘Baer ‘(2011) at the California Film Awards
- Best Picture for the film ‘Counterfeiters’ (2013) at LMU’s Annual Film Outside the Frame Awards
- Best Feature Narrative for the film ‘Counterfeiters’ (2013) at the Wolves Independent International Film Awards in Lithuania
- Best Actor at Oniros Film Awards (Italy) for the film ‘Counterfeiters’ (2013)
- Gorilla Award for the Most Innovative Filmmaking and Independent in Spirit at Filmchella (US) for the film ‘Counterfeiters’ (2013)
- In his college days, he got the Cosgrove Family Distinguished Visiting Artist Endowment, a scholarship that acknowledges prominent students who show outstanding and unusual promise for continued creative and academic excellence and achievements.
- He operates another Instagram handle under the name ‘Boat Chronicles,’ where he posts pictures of the boat parties hosted for his friends. Bryce also had a visit from his fellow Netflix co-stars (Too Hot To Handle) in his party.
- He is an avid dog lover and owns a dog named Buffy.