Brendan Scannell is an American actor and comedian who is famous for his works in the TV series, Heathers (2018) and Netflix’s series, Bonding (2019).
Brendan Scannell was born as ‘Brandan Francis Scannell’ on Wednesday, June 20, 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2020), in Chicago, Illinois, and grew up in Valparaiso, Indiana.
He did his graduation in theatre from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Not much is known about his family.
He has two brothers, Kevin Scannell (animator and illustrator) and Brigid Scannell, and two sisters, Bethy Scannel and Katie Immen.
He began his career performing improv and sketch in school in Chicago. In 2013, he moved to Los Angeles and started performing stand up comedy. He made his on-screen debut with the short Doorknobs (2013) as ‘Ghost Boy.’ He also wrote and produced this short film.
Later, he acted in a few short films such as Limp and Crunchy (2015), Where You Are (2016), Kristen Men Don’t Whisper (2017), and The Other Room (2018). Scannell made his film debut with Kristen Does Her Best (2016) in the role of a ‘Casting Assistant.’
Scannell then appeared as the main cast of the films, My Boyfriend Is a Robot (2017) in the role of ‘Leo’ and Straight Up (2019) in the role of ‘Jerry.’ He made his TV debut in 2016 with the series, Nothing’s Easy as ‘Pale Male.’ He was seen in the lead role of ‘Heather Duke’ in the TV series, Heathers (2018).
In 2019, he appeared in the lead role of ‘Pete’ in the series, Bonding (2019).
He has written many episodes of the series, Jeffery Live (2016) and Out On Stage (2018); he also wrote for its movie version. In 2018, he participated in the musical reality competition, Lip Sync Battle, with Melanie Field, his co-star in the series Heather.
- Comedian(s): Maria Bamford, John Mulaney, Marc Maron, Amy Schumer, Dave Chapelle
- Actress(s): Jenny Slate, Tiffany Haddish
- Singer: Patti LaBelle
- TV Show(s): Fleabag (2016), Game of Thrones Series, Wet Hot American Summer (2001)
- Film: Girls Trip (2017)
- Improv: Gays R Us
- Musical: Mamma Mia! by Catherine Johnson
- He likes reading, traveling, and watching TV and movies, whenever he gets spare time.
- He is an avid animal lover and has two dogs. He often posts his pictures with animals on his social media accounts.
- He was featured as ‘Comedian You Should and Will Know’ in the Vulture magazine in 2018 and ‘New Face of Comedy’ in the comedy festival, Just for Laugh in 2019.
- He hosts the shows, “See What Sticks “at the Complex Theater and “Panic Room” at The Virgil in Los Angeles.