Billie Eilish is an American singer and songwriter. In 2016, she came into the limelight when she uploaded the song “Ocean Eyes” on the music streaming platform “SoundCloud.” She is known for her unique style of wearing baggy and ill-fitting clothes. On January 15, 2020, it was announced that she will be the performer for the title track of the James Bond film, “No Time To Die.”
Billie Eilish was born on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 (age 18 years; as in 2019) in Highland Park, Los Angeles, California. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Her full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell. She was homeschooled Interview Magazine. Once, in an interview, she said that she hates school.
When she was eight years old, she joined the “Los Angeles Children’s Chorus.” She loved singing since she was a kid, and from the age of eleven, she started writing songs. She was inspired by her elder brother, Finneas O’Connell, who used to write songs for his band.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Blonde
Family & Relationships
Billie Eilish is of Irish and Scottish descent. Her father, Patrick O’Connell is an American actor and musician. Her mother, Maggie Baird is an American actress, voice artist, singer, songwriter, and screenwriter. Her elder brother, Finneas O’Connell is an American songwriter, record producer, musician, and actor. There have never been any reports of Billie being in a relationship or having a boyfriend.
In October 2015, Billie recorded a song written by her brother, Finneas O’Connell, for his band called the “Ocean Eyes.” She uploaded the song on “Soundcloud,” and it went viral. She was signed by “Darkroom” and “Interscope Records.” In November 2016, the music video of “Ocean Eyes” was released by Darkroom and Interscope Records worldwide.
On February 24, 2017, Billie released her second single titled, “Bellyache.” On March 31, 2017, her song “Bored” was released as a part of the soundtrack for the Netflix series, “13 Reason Why.” On August 11, 2017, she released her debut extended play (EP), “Don’t Smile At Me.” It reached number 14 on the “US Billboard 200,” number 12 on the “UK Albums Chart,” and Top 10 in Australia, New Zealand, and Sweden.
On September 9, 2017, “Apple Music” named Billie as their “UpNext artist” for September 2017. On September 20, 2017, Billie released her second EP- “Up Next Session: Billie Eilish.” In April 2018, Billie collaborated with the American singer “Khalid,” for the song “Lovely.” It was added to the official soundtrack of the second season of the Netflix series, “13 Reasons Why.” The song, “Lovely” is also certified as a “Platinum” label in the US.
Her song “You Should See Me In A Crown” was featured on the soundtrack of the “EA Sports” video game “FIFA 19.” In November 2018, she was named in the “Forbes 30 Under 30” list. On March 29, 2019, she released her debut album, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?.” The album debuted at number one on the “US Billboard 200” and the “UK Albums Chart.” Billie became the “first artist born in the 2000s to have a number one album in the United States” and the “youngest female ever to have a number one album in the United Kingdom.” Her song “Bad Guy,” from the same album, topped the charts in the US. Billie became the first artist born in the 2000s and the youngest artist since “Lorde” to have a US number-one single.
On November 20, 2019, she was nominated for six “Grammy Awards” including “Record of the Year,” “Song of the Year,” “Album of the Year,” and “Best New Artist.” At the age of 17, she is the youngest artist ever to be nominated for all the General Field categories in a year. On November 25, 2019, she was crowned as the “Billboard Woman of the Year.” On January 14, 2020, it was announced that Billie will perform the title track for the twenty-fifth James Bond film, “No Time To Die.” It will be written and produced by Billie’s brother, Finneas O’Connell.
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- “Global Artist of the Year” by the Apple Music Awards
- “Songwriter of the Year” by the Apple Music Awards
- “Album of the Year” (Album of the Year) by the Apple Music Awards
- “Woman of the Year” by Billboard Women in Music
- “Global Hit” (Bad Guy) by the MTV Millennial Awards
- “Best New Artist” by the MTV Video Music Awards
- “Push Artist of the Year” by the MTV Video Music Awards
- “Best Editing” (Bad Guy) by the MTV Video Music Awards
- “Winning Video” (Bad Guy) by the MTV Video Play Awards
- “Favorite Breakout Artist” by the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- “Female Artist of 2019” by the People’s Choice Awards
- “Beginner of the Year” by the Rolling Stone’s International Music Awards
- “Choice Female Artist” by the Teen Choice Awards
- “Choice Breakout Artist” by the Teen Choice Awards
- “Youngest female at No.1 on UK albums chart” by the Guinness World Records
- “Most simultaneous US Hot 100 entries by a female” by the Guinness World Records
- Billie Eilish likes dancing, playing the piano, and directing videos.
- Her debut music video, “Ocean Eyes,” was choreographed by her dance teacher.
- Billie is known for her unique style of wearing baggy and ill-fitting clothes. Once, In an interview, she said-
Nobody can have an opinion because they haven’t seen what’s underneath. Nobody can be like, “she’s slim-thick,” “she’s not slim-thick,” “she’s got a flat ass,” “she’s got a fat ass.” No one can say any of that because they don’t know”
- She is a vegan, and she often appeals to people to take up veganism.
- When she was a child, she was diagnosed with “Tourette’s syndrome” and “synesthesia.” Once, when she was on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” she opened up for the first time about her disorders.
- She is a fan of Justin Bieber since she was 12 years old. She once said that Bieber was her first love, and she used to think so much about him that she felt like she was in a relationship with him.
- Billie never smiles for photographs as it makes her feel weak and powerless.