Amel Bent is a popular French R&B and Pop singer. She rose to fame after the semi-finals of season 2 of the French television singing competition “Nouvelle Star.”
Amel Bent, whose complete name is ‘Amel Bent Bechir’. Pure People was born on Sunday, June 21, 1985 (age 36 years, as of 2022) in the 18th arrondissement in Paris, France. Pure People She grew up in the French town of Joué-lès-Tours. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She studied at the Jacques-Brel high school in Seine-Saint-Denis. As a teenager, she wanted to become a profiler but discovered a passion for music. After a time of reflection, she joined a gospel choir.
- Height: 5′ 9″
- Weight: 143 lbs / 65 kg
- Physical measurements (approx.): 38-25-36 in
- Bust: 38 in / 97 cm
- Waist: 25 in / 64 cm
- Hips: 36 in / 92 cm
- Bra size: 42 D (US) / 95 D (EU)
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Relations/Affairs, Husband & Kids
She is married to Patrick Antonelli (Businessman) (m. June 15, 2015).
The couple has two daughters and one son. The name of the daughters is Sofia (b. February 4, 2016) & Hana (b. 17 October 2017.) She gave birth to a son on April 3, 2022.
She was passionate about her music and started her singing lessons when she was young. In 2004, she took part in the ‘Nouvelle Star’ program in which she entered the musical world of R&B and recorded her first album. Her career took off with 4 albums.
In 2012, she became the face of the “Weight Watchers” brand. His first album, Un jour d’été, was released on November 30, 2004. The first single, ‘Ma philosophie’ (co-written with rapper Diam’s), went straight to number 1 in the charts and was nominated for the Victoires de la Musique 2006 in the category “Original Song of the Year” The album, which also includes the title “Don’t Hold Back Your Tears,” was certified platinum.
In 2008, she sang ‘Vivre ma vie,’ the French version of the song ‘Walk away,’ for the soundtrack of the movie High School Musical 38.
- Song: Charles Aznavour – His youth
- Singer: Mary Jane Blige
Awards and Achievements
- In 2005: Nominated for MTV Europe Music Awards as Best French Act
- In 2006: Nominated for NRJ Music Award as Francophone Revelation of the Year
- In 2006: European Prize for Best French Act
- In 2006: Win the Victoires de la Musique for Revelation of the Year
- In 2008: Nominated for NRJ Music Award as French-speaking artist of the year
- In 2010: Nominated for NRJ Music Award as French-speaking artist of the year
- In 2013: Nominated for NRJ Music Award as French-speaking artist of the year
- Although a non-smoker, Amel Bent shocked the world when she was seen posing with a cigarette in her hand. Based on the work of famous photographer Karent Kostar, who used to photograph celebrities, one of the shots in the series showed Amel Bennett holding a cigarette between his fingers. It was originally intended to show the singer, Amel Bent, in different outfits that she likes in an urban environment. Nice photos but with surprising and shocking detail for some followers. Archyde The singer, once she realized what was going on, removed the controversial topic from her Instagram account, and posted a message that sounded like a “mea culpa”: “I’m not a model, but I don’t don’t set a bad example.” A quick fix has been made to the error.
- On May 13, 2016, her husband was placed on trial for driver’s license fraud. He is notably accused of having allowed certain celebrities like Samir Nasri or Jérémy Ménez to obtain, in exchange for a certain sum, their driving license without passing the exam. However, he was released in September. Pure People
Amel Bent has three tattoos. The first two are on her wrists, while her latest tattoo is on her back.
She also has a tattoo on her upper chest and shoulders.
Facts and Anecdotes
- Her album ‘Un jour d’été’ (2004) was a real success and fans were quickly touched by this R’n’B artist with a rare sensitivity.
- At the end of 2010, Amel Bent sponsored the Disney Channel Talents program broadcast on Disney Channel France for the High School Musical theme.
- She shared the struggles she faced throughout her life to be French when you are a child of immigrants (her mother is Algerian and her father is Moroccan). During the show, Amel Bent explains a little awkwardly
I am proud to be Algerian, proud to be my mother’s daughter, but I cannot yet say that I am proud to be French.”
- In 2012, Amel Bent lent her voice to the animated film Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Fairies, with the singer Lorie.
- She also joined the Goldman Generation group, including M. Pokora, Leslie and Shy’m.
- Her first post on Instagram was posted on January 1, 2018. It was a quote with the caption ” A N Y W A Y”.