Adam Shulman is an American actor-turned-jeweler who is known for being the husband of the celebrated American actress Anne Hathaway.
Adam Shulman was born on Thursday, April 2, 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2021), and he hails from New York City, USA. He attended Brown University in Rhode Island, where he majored in the theater Elle. Thereafter, he enrolled himself in Tisch School Of The Arts at the New York University, where he pursued a summer program in Sight and Sound. He also pursued apprentice programs at The Eugene O’Neill Theater Center in 2001 and Williamstown Theatre Festival (2000) in Massachusetts.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Eye Color: New Born Gray
Family & Ethnicity
Adam Shulman is of Jewish descent People
Parents & Siblings
Adam Shulman is the only child of Mark Shulman and Jacqueline Banks.
Adam Shulman is married to the Oscar award-winning actress Anne Hathaway who is well known for starring in the American films The Princess Diaries (2001), Rachel Getting Married (2008), and Les Misérables (2012). In September 2012, the couple tied the knot at a private home in Big Sur, California, after dating for four years. The couple made acquaintance at the 2008 Palm Springs Film Festival.
Together, they have two sons, Jonathan Rosebanks Shulman (born on March 24, 2016) and Jack Shulman (born in November 2019).
In 2005, he made his acting debut with the American television series ‘American Dreams’ in which he played the role of Paul O’Bannon. Set in the 1960s, the series follows a family which experiences numerous life struggles of the era, accompanied by the well-known pop songs of the period.
In 2006, he appeared in the 1999 American political drama series ‘The West Wing’ in which she played the role of a youth voter. In the 2007 comedy television film ‘The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning,’ Adam Shulman played the role of Enos Strate. He played the role of a waiter in the 2008 short film ‘The Gold Lunch.’ In 2005, he appeared in the American musical comedy-drama film ‘Ricki And The Flash’ in which he played the role of a Total Foods’ customer. Apart from being an actor, Adam is also the co-owner of a jewelry brand called James Banks Design. Shulman produced the film ‘Song One,’ a 2014 indie drama film starring Hathaway.
While talking about her collaboration with Shulman in an interview, Hathaway said,
At first, I was curious how it would go. People always say don’t work with your spouse. But I loved working with him…He’s really good at this, and he’s a wonderful producer. And I feel like I actually learned a lot from him in the process.”
- Anne Hathaway met Adam Shulman after she went through a public breakup that jeopardized her ability to trust. Before Shulman, Hathaway was dating Raffaello Follieri, who was arrested in June 2008 after being charged with wire fraud conspiracy and money laundering, involving 50 million USD.
- In an interview, Anne Hathaway revealed that she fell in love with Shulman at first sight. Immediately after meeting Shulman at Palm Springs Film Festival (2008), Anne confessed her love to her and Shulman’s mutual friend. While talking to their mutual friend, Anne said,
I’m going to marry that man.”
In 2014, she revealed to Harper’s BAZAAR UK,
I knew from the second I met him that he was the love of my life.”
- Being an adept jewelry designer, Adam Shulman used his skills to craft Hathaway’s 6-carat emerald-shaped diamond engagement ring.
- He is a resourceful jewelry designer. James Banks Design, co-owned by Shulman, primarily uses recycled metal to create handmade jewelry.
- Anne Hathaway is a non-vegetarian. Page Six
- She has a pet dog.
References [ + ]