Adam Bilzerian is an American-born Nevisian-Armenian poker player and writer. He is the son of the takeover specialist and convicted felon Paul Bilzerian.
Adam J. Bilzerian Wikipedia was born in 1983 (age 37 years; as of 2020) in Tampa, Florida. He attended Gaither High School, Hillsborough County, Florida, and represented the school’s Tennis team. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts in History from Vanderbilt University, Nashville. Reuters
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
He is of Armenian origin. His forerunners survived the Armenian Genocide (1914–1923) that occurred during World War I and saw the mass killing of ethnic Armenians in Turkey and adjoining regions by the Ottoman government; they came to the US in the 20th century. Armen Press
Parents & Siblings
Wife and Children
He is married to Audrey Bilzerian, and together, they have two sons, Everett Bilzerian and Ares Bilzerian (born in January 2013).
He has played several online and private poker games and has won many of them. One of his most popular private games happened at Bellagio in Las Vegas against the American former baseball player Alex Rodriguez. Alex’s skills came as a surprise to Adam and he said,
Alex busted everyone except me. I was like whoa, this guy can play. He had an amazing run. He won about $20,000 and left with everyone’s money.”
In 2009, Adam was a participant in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) in which he won 47th place, winning $138,568. His brother also participated with him, and seeing them, Norman Chad, the American columnist, gave them (Adam & Dan) the moniker ‘Flying Bilzerian Brothers.’ Poker Player The same year at Bellagio, he participated in the Chinese Poker with a buy-in of $10,000+300; he came 1st and won $47,900. He also took part in 2010, 2015, and 2016 WSOP tournaments. In 2013, he was placed in the $10,000+400 No-Limit Hold’Em World Poker Tour Main Event in the World Poker Tour Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic in Las Vegas; he came 13th with the win of $51,158.
In 2010, he turned writer with his book ‘America: love it or leave it — so I left,’ which was published by the Libertad Publications.
He has also written the books: America: Land of the Free My Ass (2011) and Null America (2011).
- In June 2001, in relation to the charges of market manipulation on his father, Paul, his house in Tampa was raided by the FBI agents. This came as traumatic for Adam. Even a neighbor described the incident as ‘pure intimidation.’ Four months after Paul went to imprisonment, his mother delivered over 1,000 pages of documents to the court, requesting a two-day leave for Bilzerian to attend Adam’s high school graduation ceremony, a request that was denied.
- During an interview, he once questioned his dream of becoming an Army Green Beret, he said,
How can you go in and fight for your country when this is what they’re doing to [your father]?”
- The trauma from his father’s case and his experience in college made him a politically conscious person while growing up. After George W. Bush won the 2004 United States presidential election, Adam feared that the future of the United States Bill of Rights was in danger and decided to move out from America. In 2008, he renounced his US citizenship and became a citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis through their ‘citizenship by investment’ program after he purchased a property in the country in 2007; he was one of 231 Americans to relinquish his citizenship that year. Reuters Talking about it in an interview, he said,
When (George W.) Bush was elected for the second time, I felt that the country was going to be in such a downward spiral. They were eliminating freedoms, restricting the bill of rights. It’s so hard to keep yourself out of trouble. If the IRS thinks you’re doing something wrong and audit you, they make your life a nightmare … they run you to the ground.”
- In 2018, Adam, along with his brother (Dan), obtained his Armenian citizenship.
- He has been ranked 1,120th in the United States All Time Money List, and 151th in Nevada, USA All-Time Money List. Earlier, he was placed 570th in the world popularity ranking.
- In 2020, Adam, his father, and his brother donated $250,000 to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund (raising funds to support Artsakh), during the Azeri attacks in the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
- He loves dogs and has a pet dog named ‘Chloe.’
References [ + ]